Windows 10: Second Monitor suddenly not working

Discus and support Second Monitor suddenly not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - Suddenly my main Monitor (LG23EA53-DVI connected) has stopped working and the screen reverted to my older Syncmaster (710N - VGA). I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rosyboys, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Rosyboys Win User

Second Monitor suddenly not working

Hi - Suddenly my main Monitor (LG23EA53-DVI connected) has stopped working and the screen reverted to my older Syncmaster (710N - VGA).

I have followed all the solutions in your forum using Device Manager, even deleting the driver for the Intel (R) HD Grapics 4600 driver and reinstalling it. The Display Adapters and IDE-ATA contollers still show the warning symbol. I tried putting in a new Graphics card but had the same issues. What can I try next?

:)

Rosyboys, Nov 7, 2018

2. I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Second Monitor suddenly not working

BENQ GW2255 extrnal monitor suddenly not working

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us with the make and model of the computer.

I suggest you to manually add the display monitor by clicking Add device in
    Control panel and check if your second monitor is working.

If the issue still persist, press windows key +P and check if the option
    Duplicate is selected and check.

Follow the below methods and check if the issue still persist.

Methode 1:

• Right-click on Desktop and choose
      Display Settings.

• Scroll to the very bottom and click Advanced Display Settings.

• Click Identify to determine which monitor is the second monitor by process of elimination (if your real PC monitor is 1, then your second monitor must be 2).

• Click on the monitor icon at the top that is for your second monitor.

• In the Resolution drop-down box, select the recommended level.
    If this doesn’t help, please try the below method.

Methode 2:Update drivers in Windows 10

• Select the Start button, type
      Device Manager,
      then select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
    If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Hope this could resolve your issue.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Second Monitor suddenly not working

1. Second Monitor suddenly not working - Similar Threads - Second Monitor suddenly

2. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  3. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  4. Second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  5. Second monitor not working

Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  6. Second Monitor Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  7. Second Monitor Not Working

Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  8. Second Monitor Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Second monitor not working

Second monitor not working: I was recently gifted a pc that had windows 10 pro on it and seemed to be working fine. I got a new monitor in the and I cant seem to connect to it. My old monitor was connected with HDMI and was working fine. I connected the new monitor to the same HDMI port and it works but...
  10. Second monitor suddenly stopped working

Second monitor suddenly stopped working: I booted up my computer this morning and the second monitor just showed up as a black screen. It's been working perfectly the past few months, and I have no idea what caused this issue as I didn't change or update anything on my computer. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor suddenly not working