Windows 10: Second Monitor trouble

Discus and support Second Monitor trouble in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 main problems that are probably connected. I use a laptop as my pc and connected a second monitor (aka the problem). 1: Every application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brendan I__, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Second Monitor trouble

I have 2 main problems that are probably connected. I use a laptop as my pc and connected a second monitor (aka the problem).

1: Every application magnifies on the second monitor, even the minute things become bigger and more compact. For example, in Fl studio, all the windows are bigger and they compact.

2. (This happens more on games) To combat the magnifications on some of the applications I make them smaller by dragging each side, as you do. And even then, when I drag it onto the second monitor and try to make it full screen it just goes back to the main monitor.

I can make a short video if it helps at all.

:)

Brendan I__, Jul 21, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Second Monitor trouble

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Second Monitor trouble

1. Second Monitor trouble - Similar Threads - Second Monitor trouble

2. Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Monitor: Why when i tab out the things are on my secondary monitor. aswell when i launch my games its goes to my secondary monitor and the taskbar is on my secondary monitor. How do i change it so that everything would be on my primary...
  3. second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second monitor: Hi I recently bought a second monitor for my pc yet when ive plugged it in it shows me the same image on both screens my pc only has one hdmi port so i bought a splitter is there anyway around this issue...
  4. second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second monitor: I have installed my second monitor with a VGA port my first monitor is Acer but my second monitor is Samsung buts it's identified as Acer and it won't show up after sleep mode whats should I do?...
  5. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  6. Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Monitor: using a second monitor the app font-size is so small I can hardly read it. How can I change the app font-size on the second monitor with also changing the host PC. Second monitor is by Virzen....
  7. second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor: hp laptop wont connect to second screan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/673a9e9f-730c-42c1-855a-a35251f3fe41
  8. Monitor Trouble

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Trouble: I have a Dell CRT monitor and a Geforce GT 610 graphics card. The monitor is behaving strangely and I am not sure whether I need to change the graphics card altogether, clean the dust out of the PC tower, or replace the monitor. After I boot the PC, I have to push the power...
  9. second monitor

second monitor: does not detect second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/656e1bb1-f609-495a-9a68-65984e9a9f85
  10. Second Monitor

Second Monitor: I recently upgraded my motherboard to the Asrock fatality H97 and I am having a problem I didn't face with my old one, which was a z87 plus. When I installed my new motherboard and started up my pc. It seemed to work perfectly. I hooked up my second monitor in the same...