Windows 10: Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

Discus and support Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nickchat7, Jun 1, 2020.

1. nickchat7 Win User

Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the graphics card, HDMI end on the side of the TV, and alas, no signal.

Windows still detects the TV and interprets that a second monitor is present - the mouse can move to the second unviewable screen and do what it wants, and be brought back to the main monitor. Display settings allow me to tweak all the settings for the TV display but none of them make a signal appear.

Cable isn’t an issue - connects to other screens and displays them just fine. Computer shouldn’t be an issue either if it detects the TV and lets me configure the display that isn’t appearing. Computers have been able to connect to this TV just fine in the past, but now this one is having issues.

I’ve snooped around quite a few threads on the internet and found little to help my case here. Any suggestions?

The main monitor is an ASUS VP249QGR, 1080p @ 144Hz by the way.

:)

nickchat7, Jun 1, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected windows 10

What is particularly strange is that windows 10 detects the second monitor when it is powered off, i.e. when it is only connected by the dvi signal cable. As soon as i plug in the power cord and switch on the second monitor, it disapoears from my display
    settings.

PeterStilesXZ, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Gman_640 Win User
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Second monitor streamed using Elgato HD60 Pro not detected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• How is the setup done? Do you mean to say that the monitor streamed is not being detected?

Standard graphic cards that do not have the special DMS port will not be able to send out two separate display signals to two different
    monitors. Seems like the monitor is attached to the onboard GPU port instead of NVidia, if the display is not being detected despite of the GPU supporting dual monitors. You may plug the
    monitor into the NVidia GPU port and check if it’s being detected.

If the issue persists, it could be due to faulty drivers. I suggest you to install the latest drivers from
    NVidia.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal - Similar Threads - Second monitor plugged

2. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  3. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  4. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  6. Monitor detected and no signal

Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  7. pc doesnt detect second monitor tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc doesnt detect second monitor tv: I have updated my drivers and done everything i could find on the internet to solve this problem. My pc is not detecting any kind of second monitor. When i go to device manager and press and expand display adapters it also doesnt show my second monitor. I have to say my...
  8. pc doesnt detect second monitor tv

pc doesnt detect second monitor tv: I have updated my drivers and done everything i could find on the internet to solve this problem. My pc is not detecting any kind of second monitor. When i go to device manager and press and expand display adapters it also doesnt show my second monitor. I have to say my...
  9. pc doesnt detect second monitor tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Second monitor not detected until plugged in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not detected until plugged in and out: Hello everyone, this morning, when I turned on my PC it was suddenly in tablet mode and not in display mode anymore. Furthermore my second screen was black. When I try to detect other displays, it says, that it doens't detect any. Only when I unplug the hdmi cable and...