Windows 10: Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working

Discus and support Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell 7280 and an external monitor also Dell. I have a USB-C hub, which has HDMI port and USB 3.0 ports. I connect the hub to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by redhonker, Apr 12, 2021.

1. redhonker Win User

Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working

Hi,

I have a Dell 7280 and an external monitor also Dell. I have a USB-C hub, which has HDMI port and USB 3.0 ports. I connect the hub to USB-C/thunderbolt port then connect the monitor using HDMI port. Then I can set the PC Win-P to use only second screen only. Each time I connect hub, the built-in display will turn off and the external monitor will turn on. I do get problem with the USB ports as sometimes I have to unplug and re-plug several times to get USB devices working.

Then today something changed. When the hub is connected to the laptop HDMI cable is already connected to the HUB and monitor, the laptop beeps, signal it detects a new device. The built-in display goes dark. But just a few seconds later, the built-in display turns back on and there is beep that signal the device is turned off. The external monitor is never turned on. It does not matter how many times I tried to unplug the hub or the HDMI cable and replug them, it won't turn on the external monitor.

- Reboot does not help

- if I connect the the built-in HDMI port instead of the HDMI port on the USB-C hub, the external monitor works

- Unplug the connector on the monitor worked once but then not working after

- Turn the external monitor on/off does not work

- The same hub and monitor set works on Mac, not issue at all

Is there any recent change to the driver or Windows 10? How do I fix this?

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Apr 12, 2021
  2. TheMC1 Win User

win10 HDMI worked then stopped working

hi

win 10 w ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard using on board video. very vanilla setup.

after win10 upgrade, it took me a while to figure out I needed to update motherboard stuff but finally got HDMI monitor working.

then today a giant step backwards.

I plugged in a mini USB hub and now HDMI quit working under windows. It works fine when running diags initially but when it transitions to windows, no more HDMI signal. so unplugged usb hub but now no HDMI in windows. this blows. i appreciate it was my bad
    not to do all mobo upgrades prior to win10, but this is nuts.

So i am open to suggestions on how to resolve this. I'm shocked HDMI would have stopped working in windows.

THanks,

Mike

TheMC1, Apr 12, 2021
  3. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Apr 12, 2021
  4. MGeigs642 Win User

Windows 10 Wont Recognize Monitor through USB-C Hub

Hello,

I am trying to connect a second monitor through the HDMI connection on a multi-port USB-C hub. When i go to Display > Detect, it will not detect the monitor. I have gone through the Device Manager and updated the driver for Generic USB Hub and the other
    USB sub-devices.

Any further thoughts on how to get Windows 10 to detect?

Thanks for the help.

MGeigs642, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working - Similar Threads - Second monitor via

2. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  3. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  4. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  5. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  6. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  7. Dual Monitors via USB C stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors via USB C stopped working: I have been using 2 x HP 25f displays that were connected to my Acer TravelMate X349-G2-M via this USB C to HDMI adaptor https://www.comsol.com.au/Products-by-Category/USB-Type-C-Cables-and-Adapters/COCMHD02 This set up worked fine for about 5 months with no problems......
  8. Dual Monitors via USB C stopped working

Dual Monitors via USB C stopped working: I have been using 2 x HP 25f displays that were connected to my Acer TravelMate X349-G2-M via this USB C to HDMI adaptor https://www.comsol.com.au/Products-by-Category/USB-Type-C-Cables-and-Adapters/COCMHD02 This set up worked fine for about 5 months with no problems......
  9. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...
  10. USB-C --> HDMI stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C --> HDMI stopped working: Hi there! I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 which has been happily using my USB-C --> HDMI adapter just fine for over a year. However, some updates (unclear which) were recently applied, and the video-out functionality has stopped working. Now when I plug in my adapter, I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb c hub hdmi port not recognized