Windows 10: Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup

Discus and support Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On startup, my second monitor wallpaper always changes to the wallpaper on my main wallpaper. This happens until I go on rearrange displays and move it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 1CENUKE, Aug 29, 2020.

1. 1CENUKE Win User

Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup

On startup, my second monitor wallpaper always changes to the wallpaper on my main wallpaper. This happens until I go on rearrange displays and move it slightly and click apply, which then displays the intended wallpaper on the second display. However, currently I have to mess around with the display settings every single time i startup the pc, which is proving to be very annoying.

:)

1CENUKE, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Bandalo76 Win User

Wallpaper with multiple monitors

I have tried both methods, and had zero success.

I do not see how resetting the Windows Store cache will correct a problem with changing my wallpaper.

I do agree with the previous poster who said the apps are missing basic features. With his workaround I can change my wallpaper on both monitors. Both suggestions provided by "Microsoft Support Engineers" have not even properly addressed the question and
    simply provided cut-and-paste answers.

Bandalo76, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Tsunoii Win User
    Wallpapers for dual monitors

Hello, I've noticed a problem recently, I have two monitors, and used to have two wallpapers on both of them (a different wallpaper on each monitor), I haven't changed my wallpaper in a long time, to set a specific wallpaper for each monitor you'd usually
    go to Settings, background, find the wallpaper you want and right click and select (set for monitor 1) or (set for monitor 2), however, it seems like monitor 1 isn't there anymore, instead there is (set for monitor 2) repeated twice, selecting either of the
    options will set the wallpaper I chose on both monitors rather than just monitor 2, is there any way to fix this? Windows does recognize that I have two monitors and does set one of them as 1 and the other as 2 as shown here:

Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup 0c89b99f-b6ef-416a-a545-073c5dfe800c?upload=true.png

But when I go to change wallpapers, it just shows it like this:

Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup 84d4c481-841e-4afa-a543-54937104fbd2?upload=true.png

Ever since I got a 2nd monitor, this has never been an issue, it always used to say "Set for all monitors", "Set for monitor 1" and "Set for monitor 2" as the options, I don't know when this changed to being both monitor 2

Tsunoii, Aug 29, 2020
  4. N1DA Win User

Dual monitor separate wallpapers

I am trying to get different wallpapers on both of my monitors however when i right click the images in settings 3 options come up, one saying set for all monitors, and the other two say set for monitor 2, there is no set for monitor 1 option in the list.

Thema:

1. Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup - Similar Threads - Second monitor wallpaper

2. Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor: I have two monitors, one in portait modedisplay 2 and one in landscape modedisplay 1. I set up my wallpapers by right-clicking on the desktop, hitting personalize, going into back grounds and then right clicking to choose which display the wallpaper in question will be...
  3. Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor: I have two monitors, one in portait modedisplay 2 and one in landscape modedisplay 1. I set up my wallpapers by right-clicking on the desktop, hitting personalize, going into back grounds and then right clicking to choose which display the wallpaper in question will be...
  4. Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor: Hello,When I set up a second monitor for my system, I wanted for both monitors to have different wallpapers, but when I tried to do so, I couldn't do it. All it shows is "set as desktop background" instead of "set for monitor 1" or "set for monitor 2".I didn't have multiple...
  5. Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor

Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor: Hello,When I set up a second monitor for my system, I wanted for both monitors to have different wallpapers, but when I tried to do so, I couldn't do it. All it shows is "set as desktop background" instead of "set for monitor 1" or "set for monitor 2".I didn't have multiple...
  6. Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep

Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep: Title says it all. I just recently picked up three matching monitors Acer XF234Y, all connected via DisplayPort to an RTX 3070.Previously I had three different model monitors, two connected via DP and one via HDMI and I never had an issue with this. All of the hardware...
  7. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  8. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  9. powershell to set second monitor wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powershell to set second monitor wallpaper: I have Windows 10 laptop connected to two monitors in extended display mode. I would like to only set the second monitor wallpaper to a specific image.Manual way of doing this would be to navigate: Desktop right click --> Personalization --> Choose the picture --> Right click...
  10. powershell to set second monitor wallpaper

powershell to set second monitor wallpaper: I have Windows 10 laptop connected to two monitors in extended display mode. I would like to only set the second monitor wallpaper to a specific image.Manual way of doing this would be to navigate: Desktop right click --> Personalization --> Choose the picture --> Right click...