Windows 10: Second monitor window dragging issue

Discus and support Second monitor window dragging issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a laptop I use sometimes with a separate monitor, extending the desktop so I can work more effectively. However after I plug the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Tripledrop, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Second monitor window dragging issue

Hi all,

I have a laptop I use sometimes with a separate monitor, extending the desktop so I can work more effectively.

However after I plug the laptop into the monitor and drag windows onto the second screen, they often minimise to a single line that I can barely see. I then have to try to double-click on the line to maximise the window.

Any ideas how to stop this happening? It doesn't always occur.

Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

TIA

:)

Tripledrop, Jul 20, 2020

2. file explorer - cant drag to second window

Hi,

There are several factors that may trigger this issue including your settings or even recent changes to your computer. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say you cannot drag file explorer on the "second Windows", are you referring to a second monitor?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Both monitors work but cant drag to second one.

Hello Ken,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• What happens, when you try to drag the windows to second monitor?
    • Will it disappear or it won't allow you to put on second monitor?
    • Is your computer up to date with Windows Updates? Press Windows logo key + R, type
      winver and hit Enter key. Now see the version and build number.
    • Are you able to move cursor to second monitor?
    • When did you observe this behavior?

Give us above details to analyze the issue.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Second monitor window dragging issue

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Second monitor window dragging issue

1. Second monitor window dragging issue - Similar Threads - Second monitor window

2. Second Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Issue: I recently purchased a new monitor to replace my older, smaller one. I use it as a second monitor to my laptop. Windows 10. The last monitor had no issues but with this new one I am having connectivity problems. What is happening is when I log in to computer the main screen...
  3. Second monitor issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor issue: even do i have a single monitor why is my computer dectecting 2 monitors and i want to stop it from being detected as i feel its lowering my fps while gaming please help me out...
  4. Second monitor issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor issue: even do i have a single monitor why is my computer dectecting 2 monitors and i want to stop it from being detected as i feel its lowering my fps while gaming please help me out...
  5. Second monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor issue: Hello, When I turn on my PC, it never recognizes the second monitor. I need to go to devices management everyday and update the driver that is already installed, and then it works fine. Do you know how can I fix this definitly? Thank you submitted by /u/RDarkfalcon...
  6. Unable to drag window to second monitor

Unable to drag window to second monitor: So my Windows 10 work computer was working fine yesterday, got up this morning and now my second monitor is all screwy. My cursor will go to it and be visible but when I try to drag a window to it, it vanishes. Like it's in the space where the display usually is but I can't...
  7. Second monitor issues

Second monitor issues: I started working from home in Nov and bought a bunch of cables for my laptop to connect to a second monitor. It was working just fine for a few weeks but my laptop did an update and now it won’t detect the second monitor. The second monitor keeps saying that there is no...
  8. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  9. Dragging window to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragging window to second monitor: Hello- I have connected a VGA / Hdmi cable from my laptop to a second monitor. The second monitor does show my pc screen, however, even after extending the display, I am unable to drag a window from pc to 2nd monitor. I have disabled Snap. I have double clicked the title bar...
  10. Second monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor issue: Hello. To explain my problem, I will need to give a lot of context, sorry for the long post. I changed computer yesterday but kept the same 2 monitors that I had; a Benq 2730 the big one and a Benq 2270 the small one. On my previous computer, the monitors where...