Windows 10: Second opinion on Video Driver

Discus and support Second opinion on Video Driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All: I updated from Win 7 Pro 64 to Win 10 Pro 64. On install, Win 10 found that my nVidia driver was out of date, and it stated it may give me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by VidQuery, Jan 6, 2020.

1. VidQuery Win User

Second opinion on Video Driver

Hi All:

I updated from Win 7 Pro 64 to Win 10 Pro 64. On install, Win 10 found that my nVidia driver was out of date, and it stated it may give me problems later. (actually it's not all that bad. Fonts are larger and resolution low, but it will do till I find a driver).

This site suggests driver: KA251Q MM.T8SSM.001 for download. But can I trust this selection? If my old one is overwritten and this one is non compatible for my monitor, I then won't be able to use the monitor to web search a solution. Nowhere does this site say it's a replacement for my current one. My monitor SNID is: 83401648885

Thanks for the help.

:)

VidQuery, Jan 6, 2020

2. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Drizzt5 Win User
    Need opinions on a new gpu

Oh, in that case it might be a good idea. Maybe you could step up to the gtx 295 *Big Grin Second opinion on Video Driver :D

I've been banned before, it's not fun. This looks like someone just got into his account.

I hope he gets a second chance *Frown Second opinion on Video Driver :(

Drizzt5, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Second opinion on Video Driver - Similar Threads - Second opinion Video

2. Just an Opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just an Opinion: 1. The new Start menu in Windows 11 really sucks. It's just a jumble of icons and finding what I want takes too much time. In Windows 10, I could categorize my applications into those that belonged to office work, the system, personal, utilities, arts, etc. and so when I...
  3. Your opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your opinion: Is this ok for me? I need your opinion about these specs and advice, I have a tight budget, I can't be near to $2,000. To be honest, I need a new PC for Windows 11, Google Meet, Zoom, Youtube and Minecraft.Edit: Total:...
  4. Opinions on this PS

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions on this PS: I'm looking for something in this price range for my second computer. It's just used for mostly just browsing the internet. It will just be using the graphics built in to the intel i5-4670k processor the motherboard is an Asus Z 87A and it has 4 gigs of Gskill ram. I'm...
  5. Second opinion on random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second opinion on random crashes: My laptop has been crashing randomly. Since a new crash with the stop code "Thread stuck in device driver" just occured, I want someone to check the new dump files :- https://drive.google.com/open?id=18iutJzHjUblUINLMMRqivtFKipvJiUSm Your help would be much appreciated....
  6. Can I get some opinions on these video cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I get some opinions on these video cards?: Hello guys, new guy here. I've been meaning to upgrade my video card for the past month and so far I've narrowed it down to 3 options. I'm gonna be honest here and say that I have little to no clue about this stuff, been asking some friends around and gotten some ideas, buy...
  7. Russian characters in programs installed. Would like a second opinion

in Windows 10 Support
    Russian characters in programs installed. Would like a second opinion: I'm running Windows 10 on Bootcamp. THis is a work computer. So almost all program installed are work related. So while installing one of these programs, I remember a prompt window saying that i needed to install .NET package. Without hesitating, i agreed. Now while looking...
  8. Second Opinion Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Second Opinion Scanner: Hi guys, can i know which is the best second opinion scanner currently? malwarebyte or zemana? For av, i use windows 10 built in Windows Defender, so far ok. Thanks. *Smile 106183
  9. second monitor and videos

in Windows 10 Support
    second monitor and videos: So before windows ten I could play wow, swtor, secret world etc.. on my main monitor and watch netflix on my second monitor with no issues. Well after windows 10 the video in my second monitor lags out when i'm in the game am I playing. Now if i click on the video in the...
  10. Opinions

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions: On the positive side so much of W10 Preview is an improvement on previous M$ iterations. On the negative side Favourites in Edge is a minefield to set up. All laid out in alphabetical order after being transferred from IE, they can be rearranged to your preferred order as...