Windows 10: Second PC

Discus and support Second PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hallo I have a Retail copy of Windows 10 Home. I want to build another PC. Can I use this Win 10 on both my PC's or do I have to buy another one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JannieLouwrence, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Second PC

Hallo

I have a Retail copy of Windows 10 Home. I want to build another PC. Can I use this Win 10 on both my PC's or do I have to buy another one?

Thank You

:)

JannieLouwrence, Jun 26, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Second PC

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Second PC

1. Second PC - Similar Threads - Second

2. Desktop suddenly fails to recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop suddenly fails to recognize second monitor: When I start my computer, the BIOS message appears on one monitor in my dual monitor set up. But when the computer login message appears on my windows operating system, it appears only on the other monitor, and the desktop does not spread to both monitors. Rebooting used to...
  3. Windows 10 playing a sound effect around every 30 seconds to a minute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 playing a sound effect around every 30 seconds to a minute.: So, i got on my pc today and heard a strange ringtone type noise and was wondering what it was. I thought it was a game i forgot to close. Nope. Discord? Not that either. It was system sounds make the noise. Ofcourse I could just mute it system sounds all together but I do...
  4. How can I get to the settings for my second mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get to the settings for my second mouse?: Windows 10 20H2 19042.764 I use a Razer mouse and a Logitec Logi in Japan trackball. In Settings is appears to assume I have only one mouse and there is no way to select any one of multiple mice. Even the old control panel for Mouse does not allow me to select hardware now....
  5. Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds: Hi, My integrated webcam kept turning itself off after a few seconds, coming back on, turning off again after 2 seconds etc I decided to get just to get a new webcam and plug it in via USB but the exact same thing is happening with the new webcam as well so the problem...
  6. PPT slides on second monitor?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    PPT slides on second monitor?: I'm editing a PowerPoint presentation in [W10/Office 365] and want to view individual slides on a second monitor so that I can see detail. This is different from showing a presentation on a second monitor. I have software Display Fusion Pro 9.7.1. Educate me or tell me that...
  7. Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue: I have read a lot of posts and tried a lot of different things to resolve it, but no luck so far. The issue is that when I open File Explorer and try to create a new folder, it hangs for 25+ seconds before the folder appears. It's like the system is searching something in the...
  8. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  9. Bluetooth disconnects second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects second monitor: I have a second monitor that connects to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The second monitor will randomly disconnect and reconnect whenever I try to play audio using a Bluetooth earpiece. I am very certain it has to do with an issue where Bluetooth is drawing power away from...
  10. Ping lag every few seconds after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping lag every few seconds after fresh windows install: Last week my HDD that had windows on it stopped working. Since then I have had to freshly reinstall windows and all my drivers on to one of my SSD's. After reinstalling everything and trying to play games I get severe ping spikes every few seconds making literally everything...