Windows 10: Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

Discus and support Second Screen Display keeps resizing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DarthChief, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it does nothing leading me to believe its on my PC's end. I then try it again in my right-click Display settings but the empty space is still there. It must be a deeper issue but I'm not overly savvy when it comes to deeper display setting. I don't even know where to look or start. Any help would be appreciated. I should add I'm not using pc monitors but small TV's.

:)

DarthChief, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Canzara Win User

Keeps resizing after sleep

Hopefully I can explain this properly.
    I'm having an issue with video. Ever since i upgraded to a gtx 660 ti when returning from sleep the resolution seems to change.
    I keep having to "resize" the desktop slightly.
    Its fine returning from games, or anything else seems to be fine...but everytime my monitor goes into sleep and I wake it, the screen is wrong. Either it will have black bars all the way around the screen, or it will be too large for the screen.
    Its easily fixed using the resize button in the nvidia control panel, but its getting old.

The system was freshly formatted when I upgraded.
    I've tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing using the latest versions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canzara, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Plugging in second screen makes built-in display + second screen go blank

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please share these details.

1) Are you connecting the second monitor through the VGA or the HDMI port?

2) What is the make and model of the second monitor?

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings or due to an incompatible driver. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

First, I would suggest you to check if you have configured the second screen correctly. It depends on which settings you have selected for the second monitor. You can extend, duplicate or choose only the second screen to be ON. If you have selected only the
    second screen to be ON and if the second screen is not compatible, then both the screen might appear black. Refer to this article to check if you have configured the second screen correctly:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the graphic card driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this answers your query. You can write back to us for further queries/issues related to windows and we will be glad to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

1. Second Screen Display keeps resizing. - Similar Threads - Second Screen Display

2. "Keep these Display options" but second screen isnt showning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep these Display options" but second screen isnt showning: When I try and set up my monitor to my computer, when i hit "show only display 2" it goes black and then shows me "Keep these display options" someone plz help me...
  3. "Keep these Display options" but second screen isnt showning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep these Display options" but second screen isnt showning: When I try and set up my monitor to my computer, when i hit "show only display 2" it goes black and then shows me "Keep these display options" someone plz help me...
  4. "Keep these Display options" but second screen isnt showning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't resize second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize second display: I am using the Surface Laptop 3 and a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter to add a second display. When I connect it, it sets the laptop display, which is physically half the size of the monitor, to be far bigger. This means when I move the mouse between the two, there is desync and...
  6. How to resize second screen dimension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to resize second screen dimension: Hi everyone! I have my laptop connected with a second 27 ' monitor. The monitor is the main screen, the laptop the second one. Obviously the screen of my laptop is much smaller, how can I set this on windows? In the display setting ( Start > Settings > System > Display ) I'm...
  7. Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows

Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows: Since recent update, my external monitor primary display keeps flashing off for a moment - my laptop screen then flashes on with all windows, then the external monitor flashes back on but all windows are resized. This happens every 45 seconds or so. I am using a Windows...
  8. Display and Windows are Resizing

Display and Windows are Resizing: I have W10 and a couple of days ago, W10 Update installed Interl Graphics Display 26.20.100.7263. Ever since then I have been having the following problems: Now and the, W10 will beep at me with 2 different sounds--I can't figure out what this means nor what the beeps...
  9. Resizing a display in the layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing a display in the layout: I need help resizing the screen. My main Laptop is 4k and the screen attached is 1650 x 1050. Is there any way to, while maintaining their current resolutions, make it so the second monitor is as big as the first in the layout so that when I move my mouse through say the top...
  10. Can't display second screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't display second screen: When I go to "display settings", there is only one monitor shown. If I click "Detect", it says "Didn't detect another display". When I do WIN +P, I see message "Your PC can't project to another screen". Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card. What do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keeps resizing my second monitor