Windows 10: Second screen.

Discus and support Second screen. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my laptop connected to a screen and running through extended setting. Everything is fine apart from videos. Videos will not play on my second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomTeaDruid, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Second screen.

I have my laptop connected to a screen and running through extended setting. Everything is fine apart from videos. Videos will not play on my second screen. The second screen just shows a snapshot of the video (eg, moved video to 10th min, it shows 10th min. frame). How can I fix this?

:)

TomTeaDruid, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Second screen.

Returning Windows to Second Screen

Hello Kate,

Let's try to isolate the issue and see what is preventing you from using Windows to second screen. Kindly provide us the following information:

• When you turned on your computer, does it give you an extended display for both monitor screen and your laptop?
    • Is your monitor screen already connected to your laptop before turning it on?
    • What cable are you using to connect your second monitor to your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Second screen.

1. Second screen. - Similar Threads - Second screen

2. Second screen went black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second screen went black: I have been using the same monitor for the past 9 years, with the same laptop for the past 5. Never had any issue with it but today when I plug it in HDMI, the laptop detects it but the screen is black. I tested it with 2 other laptops, worked well. I also tested another HDMI...
  3. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  4. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  5. Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11: HelloI'm configuring a new laptop where I have updated everything W11, Drivers with HP assistant, ...I'm trying to install our VPN connection without success, each time I have a blue screen.With Sophos Connect, I have immediatly BSOD after connect with message that computer...
  6. Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11

Blue screen when some seconds after VPN connect on W11: HelloI'm configuring a new laptop where I have updated everything W11, Drivers with HP assistant, ...I'm trying to install our VPN connection without success, each time I have a blue screen.With Sophos Connect, I have immediatly BSOD after connect with message that computer...
  7. second monitor showing white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second monitor showing white screen: second monitor showing white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor-showing-white-screen/c47e452b-6d4a-42bf-ad5e-8f826ad6b1ca
  8. second monitor showing white screen

second monitor showing white screen: second monitor showing white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor-showing-white-screen/c47e452b-6d4a-42bf-ad5e-8f826ad6b1ca
  9. second monitor showing white screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Second Screen Error "Can't show protected content. Connection is not secure." Please help fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Screen Error "Can't show protected content. Connection is not secure." Please help fix.: I'm trying to use my tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+ as a second screen using the second screen feature. It used to work just fine but now my tablet shows a completely black screen with the cursor still able to move. It says "can't show protected content. Connection is not...