Windows 10: Second single language edition laptop bought. Do I need to buy Windows again for the new...

Discus and support Second single language edition laptop bought. Do I need to buy Windows again for the new... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a laptop in 2015, in China, where I live. It came with Windows 8.1, single language version. I had to buy Windows 10 Home edition so that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sarah-maiden-in-China, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Second single language edition laptop bought. Do I need to buy Windows again for the new...

I bought a laptop in 2015, in China, where I live. It came with Windows 8.1, single language version. I had to buy Windows 10 Home edition so that I could have the OS in English. I'm planning on buying a new laptop, chances are good it will have a single language version installed again. Do I have to purchase another Windows package to have the OS in English? Or is it possible to use the package I already bought?

:)

Sarah-maiden-in-China, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Marcelabd Win User

How to change the language on Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.

Hi all,

I just bought a new laptop, in Colombia. I'm Dutch and I live and work this country. It is a Lenovo with Windows 10 Home. The standard language is set to Spanish. I assumed that it should be an easy thing to change the language to English. Apparently it's
    not, because I have the Windows 10 Home Single Language edition. I never heard of this edition and this is something you only learn after the purchase. I've tried many things the change the language , but so far I failed.

To be honest I think it's a bit strange to be bound to one single language, and that it is not easy to change it. But anyway, is there any way (without buying Pro) to change the language after all? I decided to switch from the uncomplicated and easy-to-use
    Chromebook to Windows again, but so far I'm still using my Chromebook since my Spanish operating system language skills are terrible. Hence, I really hope someone can help me out.

Thanks!

Marcel

Marcelabd, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 home single language edition reinstall...

My laptop had a windows 10 home single language edition (pre-installed). But i formatted laptop due to
    booting problems of windows 10 home single language edition so i am currently running on
    windows 10 pro. So if i download windows 10 home single language it will be automatically activate ? Plz Plz give me full steps to reinstall windows 10 home single language with
    pictures.(Because in Media creation tool show only windows 10 download option not home or pro....) Also if i reinstall windows then system apps will be remain? (like wave maxxaudio pro and
    Microsoft store because i i have dell 3567 laptop). Also how can identify my pc have preinjected product key?

omkarkenjale, Dec 14, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Second single language edition laptop bought. Do I need to buy Windows again for the new...

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Second single language edition laptop bought. Do I need to buy Windows again for the new...

1. Second single language edition laptop bought. Do I need to buy Windows again for the new... - Similar Threads - Second single language

2. Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition: Hello, my overseas teammate bought a laptop with preinstalled Windows 11 Home Single Language non-English. But we need the laptop to function in English UK. How can we change the settings for the laptop to show in English? Thank you....
  3. Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition: Hello, my overseas teammate bought a laptop with preinstalled Windows 11 Home Single Language non-English. But we need the laptop to function in English UK. How can we change the settings for the laptop to show in English? Thank you....
  4. I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again: My parents bought me Minecraft Java edition 1 year ago. Today I wanted to play Minecraft, but it says to "buy" it again. Im 100% sure im logged in the same Microsoft account when my parents were buying Minecraft. Pls help...
  5. I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again: My parents bought me Minecraft Java edition 1 year ago. Today I wanted to play Minecraft, but it says to "buy" it again. Im 100% sure im logged in the same Microsoft account when my parents were buying Minecraft. Pls help...
  6. I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Change language on single language edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change language on single language edition: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language edition? I bought my PC while living in China and would prefer it to be in English. I know that this version of Windows is restricted to just one language but it seems wrong that that one language...
  8. do I need to download windows 10 again and buy a new license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    do I need to download windows 10 again and buy a new license?: Hello I am still working with windows 7 pro on my computer. I now need to switch to windows 10. I had installed windows 10 on my computer back in 2015 but I found it very hard to get use to, so I went back to using windows 7 pro. So now that it is no longer supported I would...
  9. Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?: Hello! Can I get Xbox to recognize my Minecraft user name so it knows I have already purchased the game to play on my PC? I downloaded the game a couple years ago. Now I want to play it on Xbox for Windows. Is there a way to connect the two so I don't have to purchase...
  10. Do i need to buy windows again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do i need to buy windows again?: Hello guys so today i just changed my laptop's hard disk and the person who change my hard disk says that i need to buy windows again in order to receive windows 10 which im wondering if its true or not because i have an original windows before, so now i leave my laptop...