Windows 10: second ssd dissappears

Discus and support second ssd dissappears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The second SSD M.2 will disappear randomly after using the DELL XPS 15. It comes up fine and after about an hour maybe haven't timed it it will just go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinSchreurs, Aug 15, 2020.

1. second ssd dissappears

The second SSD M.2 will disappear randomly after using the DELL XPS 15. It comes up fine and after about an hour maybe haven't timed it it will just go away. I swapped SSDs with another and same thing. This has only started happening in the last couple days since the last update. What could be in that update that causes this? There was a grip of ones installed but here are likely culprits....

KB4566782

Intel - System 10.1.1.38

Intel Corp System - 1.0.1287.0

Intel System - 10.25.0.4215

Dell Firmware - 0.1.3.1

Dell - Extrension - 1.6.2.405

:)

JustinSchreurs, Aug 15, 2020
  2. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Aug 15, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 15, 2020
  4. BillyCobb Win User

second ssd dissappears

Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full

A $12-15 sata to usb cable would be a quick, cheap solution.

A $20 - 30 external drive housing would be a step up.

Either would be a workable solution IF you can live with the usb3.0 transfer rates ... you did say it was a temporary solution for data storage.

BC

BillyCobb, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

second ssd dissappears

1. second ssd dissappears - Similar Threads - second ssd dissappears

2. New/Second SSD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New/Second SSD issues: I've come across a strange issue that I've never seen before and nothing I've tried has worked.We have an Asus A15 laptop. We've installed a second SSD m.2 2280 that should be supported, according to the specs. When booting into BIOS, it shows the new SSD WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe...
  3. New/Second SSD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New/Second SSD issues: I've come across a strange issue that I've never seen before and nothing I've tried has worked.We have an Asus A15 laptop. We've installed a second SSD m.2 2280 that should be supported, according to the specs. When booting into BIOS, it shows the new SSD WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe...
  4. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  5. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  6. Power shell Starting at boot for a second then dissappearing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power shell Starting at boot for a second then dissappearing.: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) And no, it isn't in the startup folder. And it's not even appearing in task manager's startup tab. 178732
  7. i have a second ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have a second ssd: hello im a game developer and i got a new ssd the same model of my regular pc i changed it out then when i booted it up it said boot agent not found then i put the original in then i worked then i put the new one on the top of the cd reader now i dont think it will work the...
  8. Bluetooth Dissappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Dissappeared: The Bluetooth function on my Windows 10 desktop disappeared and now I have reinstalled Windows 10 and it is still not working. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-dissappeared/2816a63e-bd4d-4f9c-93d5-14ef0fcd5acb
  9. autofill passwords dissappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    autofill passwords dissappeared: My autofill passwords are gone. I went to log in to a website , the password didn't fill in automatically, I checked under settings/autofill and there's nothing there. I restarted and still nothing. Can I retrieve the information somehow?...
  10. .cfg extension dissappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    .cfg extension dissappeared: It's strange because it worked for some time ago, don't even know when it stopped to associate with 'em. The problem is that I get a "open width" prompt every time I want open a .cfg file. Editing/saving etc. works (using Notepad/Notepad++) but I can't see the icon preview...