Windows 10: Second SSD installation causing windows not to boot

Discus and support Second SSD installation causing windows not to boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After installing a secondary SSD and partitioning the drive through Disk Management in Windows, restarting my PC caused the boot to go straight to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/roidz909, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Second SSD installation causing windows not to boot

After installing a secondary SSD and partitioning the drive through Disk Management in Windows, restarting my PC caused the boot to go straight to BIOS, and windows 10 won’t start. Changing the boot order within the BIOS doesn’t fix the issue. If I disconnect my second SSD and only leave the SSD with windows installed on it, my PC will boot normally. Otherwise, it will continually boot to the BIOS. Anyone have any idea of what is going on here?

submitted by /u/roidz909
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/roidz909, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 23, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 23, 2021
  4. 2BearArmy Win User

Second SSD installation causing windows not to boot

Random Disappearing/Reappearing SSD on Boot

Config:

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
    OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 480GB SSD
    Corsair 850W PSU
    2x HD 6950 GPU's

My desktop has a 480GB SSD main drive (OS and games), and two secondary HDD's for media storage.

I have had no issues with this SSD, until I tried to add a second video card to my system, and subsequently had to remove it. After a couple re-installs and finally getting the Crossfire to work, I am still in this broken state.

Symptom:

If I put my computer to sleep, restart, power down, it is a complete gamble as to whether or not the system will see the boot drive. What is consistent, is that after a seemingly random interval, it will eventually see the drive and boot straight to windows.

Troubleshooting Steps:

• Reset Bios
    • Removed all other options for bootable devices
    • Re-installed Windows
    • Updated all OS drivers
    • Updated firmware for both the MoBo bios and the SSD.
    • Replaced all SATA cables
    • Moved to another SATA controller port
    • Switched power cables
    • SSDLife came back saying the drive is healthy
    I am literally out of ideas at this point, and the issue is extremely annoying. Sometimes my boot times are 30 seconds (if it sees the drive) sometimes it's 20 minutes (constant reboots until it sees the drive).

Anyone have any other ideas, or have seen this before?

2BearArmy, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Second SSD installation causing windows not to boot

1. Second SSD installation causing windows not to boot - Similar Threads - Second SSD installation

2. PC boots slowly with second SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots slowly with second SSD: i have windows 11, i recently upgraded my second HDD to an SSD, it all went well until i was trying to install a game a few days ago. after that my pc boots slowly when my second ssd is connected, after a long time running some programs begin to function weird, like task...
  3. PC boots slowly with second SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots slowly with second SSD: i have windows 11, i recently upgraded my second HDD to an SSD, it all went well until i was trying to install a game a few days ago. after that my pc boots slowly when my second ssd is connected, after a long time running some programs begin to function weird, like task...
  4. HELP! Cant boot on original drive after installing windows on a second SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Cant boot on original drive after installing windows on a second SSD: So I have a M.2 NVMe Disk 1 with Windows that I always used and now I set up a USB Pen with media creation tool and installed windows on a empty SSD disk 0.I should have 2 boot drives now, on the M.2 NVMe and on the SSD.What happens is that I cant boot on the original M.2...
  5. HELP! Cant boot on original drive after installing windows on a second SSD

HELP! Cant boot on original drive after installing windows on a second SSD: So I have a M.2 NVMe Disk 1 with Windows that I always used and now I set up a USB Pen with media creation tool and installed windows on a empty SSD disk 0.I should have 2 boot drives now, on the M.2 NVMe and on the SSD.What happens is that I cant boot on the original M.2...
  6. HELP! Cant boot on original drive after installing windows on a second SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problem with booting to SSD with Windows installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with booting to SSD with Windows installed: So yesterday my PC was kind of acting up, it wasn't detecting the SSD with my Windows 10 Pro installation. Once I switched the SATA cables I got a screen that said, "Windows failed to start" at the bottom it had the error code 0xc0000001. When I switched the SATA cables for...
  8. Problem with booting to SSD with Windows installed

Problem with booting to SSD with Windows installed: So yesterday my PC was kind of acting up, it wasn't detecting the SSD with my Windows 10 Pro installation. Once I switched the SATA cables I got a screen that said, "Windows failed to start" at the bottom it had the error code 0xc0000001. When I switched the SATA cables for...
  9. [ORION] When installing a second SSD....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [ORION] When installing a second SSD....: Hey guys.. When installing a second SSD, do you have to reboot or does it load up automaticly like a flash drive does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orion-when-installing-a-second-ssd/34629f4d-fba2-46bf-9168-ed8a9106b2d6
  10. SSD Boot Time 90+ Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Boot Time 90+ Seconds: I have a Samsung 830 SSD that I've been using for a couple of years. When I first used it, I had cold boot times of ~20 seconds. I've since upgraded parts around, but kept the same SSD. But after a couple months in my latest upgrade, I notice longer boot times. I have the...