Windows 10: Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access

Discus and support Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to complete my second verification to access my computer. I haven't been able to do so because I am getting a recurring message that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sue Sottie, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access

I am trying to complete my second verification to access my computer. I haven't been able to do so because I am getting a recurring message that says that "there is a temporary problem with this service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." It has now been several days, and I still can't complete the second step. Anyone else having this problem? What can I do? I need access. Thank you for any help.

:)

Sue Sottie, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Sep 23, 2022
  4. tjg79 Win User

Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access

Outlook & Gmail requires two-step verification

I'm running Win 10 Pro on an HP notebook with Office 365. I use Outlook to send and receive email from my gmail and yahoo email accounts.

Today I noticed that Outlook couldn't access gmail. I can access gmail with my browser and android phone no problem.

I contacted Microsoft Support and the first rep fixed the problem by generating an app password and two-step verification. I removed the two-step verification, and the problem reoccured.

I contacted Microsoft Support again and the rep could not get Outlook to send and receive gmail unless two-step verifciation was active. The two-step verification is a pain in the ass.

I'd like to find a way to continue using Outlook for gmail, but I don't want the hassle of two-step verifcation.

I think Microsoft and Google ought to fix this issue. I don't think you should need a smart phone to use Outlook.

Does anyone know of a solution that doesn't require two-step verification?

tjg79, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access

1. Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access - Similar Threads - Second step verification

2. two step verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  3. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  4. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  6. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  7. Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access

Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access: I am trying to complete my second verification to access my computer. I haven't been able to do so because I am getting a recurring message that says that "there is a temporary problem with this service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."...
  8. two-step verification

two-step verification: I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the...
  9. Two Step verification problem

Two Step verification problem: I have a personal computer at home and all of a sudden everytime I sign into my computer and go to my websites to sign in, I am asked to go through a two step verification. How did this change? How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge....
  10. Two step verification

Two step verification: When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No". But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose...