Windows 10: Second Try - Office 365 Alert Problem

Discus and support Second Try - Office 365 Alert Problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Office 365 Alert Problem Windows 10 and Office 365 seem to not like each other in one respect important to me. I have had DestopAlerts TimeOn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Aug 23, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Second Try - Office 365 Alert Problem

Office 365 Alert Problem

Windows 10 and Office 365 seem to not like each other in one respect important to me.

I have had DestopAlerts TimeOn set in regedit since the beginning of my Office 365 on Windows 10. Several day ago, for some reason, an Alert doesn't show up at all when a new email is received. The TimeOn REG_DWORD is set to 0xffff47(4294964295). When opened in Safe mode, the Alert appears just fine but doesn't linger as it did under Windows 7. It goes away in less than 30 seconds.

I have had 2 online chats over 1 hour each with MS Office 365 on line support, posted the problem to Office-Microsoft Answers but have not been able to solve the problem. One of the chats resulted in reinstalling Office 365 to no avail. I feel I have exhausted Microsoft avenues for help so I am turning to this forum for help. If I have violated some tenet of the forum I sincerely apologize but I am completely frustrated.

If anyone out there can shed light on this problem it will be appreciated. (Pardon the passive voice.)

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Aug 23, 2015

2. Activating Windows10 on another computer

What is the difference between a Windows Account and an Office 365 Account? Is it not possible to activate Windows on a second computer with an Office 365 Business Premium Account? Seem to have a free trial Windows 10 version on second computer. Can I
    install and use Office 365 in the trial version of Windows on the second computer without issue, or do I need to purchase another Windows licence? Don't really want to have to go to that expense.

365 Business Premium User, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Ignacioga Win User
    Preview pane not working for documents in windows 10

Hello in my case only happens with office files. I try the second option running the icalcs command and didn't work.

I am running windows 10 and office 365

Ignacioga, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Second Try - Office 365 Alert Problem

1. Second Try - Office 365 Alert Problem - Similar Threads - Second Try Office

2. routing problems with microsoft.com and office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    routing problems with microsoft.com and office 365: folks looks like you are having problem of routing with some of your routers.please see the traceroute belowTracing route to office365.com [40.71.11.169] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 * * * Request timed out. 2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 100.72.1.81 3 3 ms 3 ms 2 ms 100.72.1.81 4 3 ms 3...
  3. Problem with Office 365 installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Office 365 installation: I have bought Office 365 and tried to install it. I entered the product key (25 letters and numbers) but the installation stopped in the middle. Since that moment the Product key doesn’t work...
  4. MS Office 365 - Installation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office 365 - Installation problem: Hi, Greetings of the Day ! I have purchased msoffice365 key from Amazon.com, India. I am facing problem its already used. Just i want to know on which mail it was activated. Product Key: BXK79-2NTVX-YY9MX-C63J6- Kindly help me....
  5. Problem with Office 365 account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  6. Problem with Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  7. Problem with second account on Outlook 365

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with second account on Outlook 365: I have been using Outlook, with one account for a year now, with no problems. Now I have installed a second email account. The inbox works fine, but I don't have any "sent-trash-junk-drafts" files. Can someone help? 130811
  8. Problem archiving in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem archiving in Office 365: I have been getting error messages when archiving. I have several folders with subfolders. I am getting a error message that I do not understand. The message is: The destination folder (Archive folder) contains items of a different type than the source folder. Verify both the...
  9. Problem with downloading and usinf office 365

Problem with downloading and usinf office 365: Hi I have Windows S and am having a problem with regard to Office 365. When I have downloaded it from the Microsoft store I get the following error 0x80070002 and am unable to open the corresponding apps. I have tried to resolve this by running various trouble-shooters and...
  10. Office 365 Alert Problem

Office 365 Alert Problem: Windows 10 and Office 365 seem to not like each other in one respect important to me. I have had DestopAlerts TimeOn set in regedit since the beginning of my Office 365 on Windows 10. Several day ago, for some reason, an Alert doesn't show up at all when a new email is...