Windows 10: Second unconnected laptop syncing old folders

Discus and support Second unconnected laptop syncing old folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I personally have a Microsoft Surface book and had it for a few years. I also use OneDrive. Someone in my household just bought a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aklang, Sep 22, 2020.

1. aklang Win User

Second unconnected laptop syncing old folders

Hi,

I personally have a Microsoft Surface book and had it for a few years. I also use OneDrive.

Someone in my household just bought a brand new Surface Pro 7 and set it up with his own Microsoft account and his own One Drive our accounts have never been linked before, I did not plug in any external devices / usb sticks / etc, we never file shared anything. The only thing we really share is the same WiFi at home.

After he turned on his computer for the first time and set it up with his Microsoft account and turned on his Bluetooth to connect a microsoft mouse suddenly my folders from OneDrive from my Desktop appeared on his Desktop screen. However they were not the ones I currently have on my desktop but old ones which seem to be from 2018. They were all empty.

I checked my OneDrive setting and have never shared my files with him or actually anyone I never used the share setting before. I turned off sync in settings "Sync your settings" even though that should only be affecting accounts that would be signed up with my microsoft email address which this new laptop isn't, but I did it anyway. I do not share or have not shared those folders in the network or via bluetooth or given permission and I really do not understand how they appeared on his laptop after he turned on his bluetooth.

We reset his laptop from scratch, completely deleting all his files he had nothing on it as of yet of himself and started the set up again and once completed the same thing happened.

I am lost as to why these folders appear on his laptop when our accounts are not connected.

I hope you can help with this.

:)

aklang, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Swarde Win User

Unable to sync on new laptop

New laptop Windows 10 and added to the home network. The primary computer on the network can 'see' the new device but it shows as unconnected, although it is on the network and working online. I want to sync up OneDrive, but it won't work. The OneDrive
    folder on new laptop is empty and tells me that the sync is complete, but no files appear. The drive folder is empty except for the basic four folders all empty. I tried to perform sync up on the primary computer in the network, and the new laptop name appears
    but grayed out and showing 'unconnected'. There is no option to add it, just remove. The new laptop is already part of the home network. This is the first setup on sync that has not worked - set up the sync on smartphone, the old laptop, and an ipad.

Swarde, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Internal Conexant Audio speakers are "unconnected"

Hi,

For further assistance regarding the "unconnected" status of your internal audio speaker, we would like to gather more information:

• Was the update installed manually or automatically?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 22, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Second unconnected laptop syncing old folders - Similar Threads - Second unconnected laptop

2. Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder: I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this, so maybe someone can explain how this is supposed to work: I'm having a horrible time trying to get Onedrive *not* to sync every folder on my laptop to the cloud. Basically, I don't want every file that I download to...
  3. Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive: How do I *not* sync a laptop folder: I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this, so maybe someone can explain how this is supposed to work: I'm having a horrible time trying to get Onedrive *not* to sync every folder on my laptop to the cloud. Basically, I don't want every file that I download to...
  4. File History unconnected in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File History unconnected in Windows 10: Hi I have a continuing problem with File History. It is not recognising my external hard drive as a potential drive for backup. In Backup if I click 'add a drive' it says 'no usable drives found'. If I go to 'more options' - 'advanced settings' it says 'file history is...
  5. Synced Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synced Folder: How can i recover Synced Folder. I am Receiving the following Note: "Sinced Folder is Missing" Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synced-folder/cfb5c99a-820f-43fb-a3e2-8835df7c4b79
  6. "unconnectable" on a hard wired connection

"unconnectable" on a hard wired connection: Hello again! Today my issue is with connectivity. I seem to be "unconnectable" for torrent connections since switching to Win10. Even canyouseeme (dot) org can't see me, so it's not a torrent/p2p isp issue. Strange thing is, I always thought that this was only a concern...
  7. "unconnectable" on a hard wired connection

in Windows 10 Support
    "unconnectable" on a hard wired connection: Hello again! Today my issue is with connectivity. I seem to be "unconnectable" for torrent connections since switching to Win10. Even canyouseeme (dot) org can't see me, so it's not a torrent/p2p isp issue. Strange thing is, I always thought that this was only a concern...
  8. "unconnectable" on hard wired connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "unconnectable" on hard wired connection: Hello all! I've recently migrated to Win10 (pro x64 1909), and would like to pick your collective brains on an issue I'm having. I seem to be "unconnectable" for torrent transfers. Even canyouseeme (dot) org can't see me, so, it's not an isp blocking p2p type issue. I don't...
  9. How to sync a folder between two laptops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to sync a folder between two laptops?: Hi everyone, I have two laptops, Laptop A and Laptop B. I use Laptop A for working from home and Laptop B is mainly for Netflix as it also works as a tablet. Is it possible to sync my work from Laptop A to Laptop B? OneDrive doesn't work on Laptop A so I am unable to use...
  10. folder sync

folder sync: Hi, i want to sync folders between 3 computers - windows 10, 7 embedded and XP. what is the best way to do it? 75725