Windows 10: Second user suddenly appeared using same name on sign in

Discus and support Second user suddenly appeared using same name on sign in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me why a second user suddenly appeared on my sign in screen? The user has my same name but no profile picture. It only gives a option... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dmshove, Jan 18, 2017.

1. dmshove Win User

Second user suddenly appeared using same name on sign in

Can anyone tell me why a second user suddenly appeared on my sign in screen?
    The user has my same name but no profile picture. It only gives a option to enter a password, however, my password does not work.
    Have I maybe been hacked or could there have possibly been a problem with a recent windows 10 update? Any ideas?

:)

dmshove, Jan 18, 2017
  2. CezarG Win User

Company account on WP8

I have an exchange account. I want to set up a company account on my Windows Phone 8 using the exchange account. It asks me for email/password, then the second screen asks me for user name, domain and server. I enter all these (for domain I put the the company's
    domain name, and for the server m.outlook.com as instructed by tech support) but it will not go through (i.e., pressing sign in will make the phone attempt to sign in for a fraction of the second, then the same screen appears, asking for the same information:
    domain, server, etc., suggesting that some of that info is wrong).

My question is how do you set up a Company Account on Windows phone 8 with the exchange information? Where on Outlook.com do you exactly go to get the domain name and server name?

CezarG, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Multiple folders and files with same name suddenly appearing.

Why is this happening. It starts off wiuth me trying to consolidate my files and having them all have the same stuff in the folers on C: F: and USB J: drives. For instance each have a folder named pictures. But each one has a different amount in them so
    I try to make them all have everything instead of parts in each. Then this happens.

Then I try it with my music and albums folders and boom. here we are again.

there needs to be some added info on the folders that are just images of the main one on the drive.. like pictures(image of drive c:\pictures) or something similar or this is going to agrivate a billion people. I kept deleting on folder and it would keep
    reappearing and filling up with files.. after a few min I had more stuff in my recycle bin than you could even imagine. took forever to empty it.

Why is this happening and how do we stop it.. I don't even really like the idea my my files being in multiple areas on my computer. 1 is enough! I cant imagine a computer even wanting to work like this and its probably why its freaking out. You guys making
    this are giving our computer aneurisms and strokes. Can we please take this back to windows 7 file explorer and not this scrambled mess only a hoarder would love?

Second user suddenly appeared using same name on sign in [​IMG]

Dockavorkian, Jan 18, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jan 18, 2017
  5. dmshove Win User
    Thank you, but that seems to be referring to having made changes to my computer name or something, and I have made no changes. I do not have it set to automatically log me into my windows account either.

I am beginning to strongly believe my computer may have been hacked. What would you suggest I do about possibly having been hacked. I have ran several complete scans with anti-virus and ran the Windows malware remover as well. Nothing is showing up but I know that sometimes they can be hard to find and remove.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for responding.

dmshove, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Second user suddenly appeared using same name on sign in - Similar Threads - Second user suddenly

2. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  3. All user names not on Sign-In Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user names not on Sign-In Screen: Split from this thread. Hi can any one help me to solve this issue with my pc. I'm using windows 10 pro. On my pc welcome screen not showing multiple user name to log in. I added users as my family members in account sitting. But user name not display on welcome screen....
  4. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  5. The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.: [ATTACH] The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same and I can't figure out a way to make them the same. On my old computer they were the same and I set everything up the same way as the old computer. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  6. Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...: This is on MAIL and not outlook. As I and my husband use this laptop, we together have accumulated nearly 10 mail ids over a period of 15 yesrs from YOU/YAHOO/GMAIL. Each mail id is different with its own password. Yesterday I totally reinstalled windows10, assuming there...
  7. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name under C is not the same as the Account name: We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that....
  8. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...
  9. Sign In: Want to select a User Name

Sign In: Want to select a User Name: Hi. At the moment, when I start Windows 10, I have to sign in (without giving a password) to the last User that was signed in. In other words I don't have any options as to what User can sign in. But, when I start Windows 10, I want to be presented with a screen where I can...
  10. System using two different names for same user account

System using two different names for same user account: I am setting up a new PC. Win 10 seems to force you to use a Microsoft email account/address as the basis for setting it up. It then uses 5 letters from the email name as your user account name. You can then convert the user account to a "local" account, not tied in to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a windows user with same name appeared