Windows 10: second user

Discus and support second user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i create a second user account on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user/bbdcb9d8-adba-4f75-ae19-e43a5f54494e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatMarz, Dec 11, 2018.

1. PatMarz Win User

second user

How do i create a second user account on Windows 10

:)

PatMarz, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 11, 2018
  4. second user

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

second user

1. second user - Similar Threads - second user

2. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f
  3. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f
  4. Keyboard and touchpad slow on second user account, but not on the Admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and touchpad slow on second user account, but not on the Admin account?: Since the latest Windows updates just over a week ago I have an odd problem on my 10 month old HP i7 gaming laptop.My Admin account works just fine- but the second, normal user account suffers from very slow response on the laptop keyboard, touchpad and on the wireless mouse....
  5. Keyboard and touchpad slow on second user account, but not on the Admin account?

Keyboard and touchpad slow on second user account, but not on the Admin account?: Since the latest Windows updates just over a week ago I have an odd problem on my 10 month old HP i7 gaming laptop.My Admin account works just fine- but the second, normal user account suffers from very slow response on the laptop keyboard, touchpad and on the wireless mouse....
  6. Logging in as Standard user shuts down Lenovo AIO, win10, 21h1 after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in as Standard user shuts down Lenovo AIO, win10, 21h1 after a few seconds: Lenovo Horizon 27 AIO, win10, 21h1Tried to update to 22h2.Used Windows update service as a standard user. Some updates were installed and rebooted. Then I saw a new account with admin privileges "Lenovo_tmp_sbtgEBFA" created. Thinking that this was some hack or bug in the...
  7. Logging in as Standard user shuts down Lenovo AIO, win10, 21h1 after a few seconds

Logging in as Standard user shuts down Lenovo AIO, win10, 21h1 after a few seconds: Lenovo Horizon 27 AIO, win10, 21h1Tried to update to 22h2.Used Windows update service as a standard user. Some updates were installed and rebooted. Then I saw a new account with admin privileges "Lenovo_tmp_sbtgEBFA" created. Thinking that this was some hack or bug in the...
  8. Logging in as Standard user shuts down Lenovo AIO, win10, 21h1 after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt

"User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt: I have a fairly mundane network with AD servers six in total in three locations all running Windows Server 2022 Standard updated with the latest patches, etc. The network clients are majoritively Windows 11, with some still on Windows 10. The environment is hybrid, with...
  10. "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt: I have a fairly mundane network with AD servers six in total in three locations all running Windows Server 2022 Standard updated with the latest patches, etc. The network clients are majoritively Windows 11, with some still on Windows 10. The environment is hybrid, with...