Windows 10: secondary device use?

Discus and support secondary device use? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everybody! I have a Dell Inspiron device running on 7th gen i5,8gb ram and a new ssd. It is my secondary device sitting idle besides my mac. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hecliede, May 23, 2022.

1. secondary device use?

Hey everybody! I have a Dell Inspiron device running on 7th gen i5,8gb ram and a new ssd. It is my secondary device sitting idle besides my mac. What good use can I put it to if I do not want to sell it now or give it to someone else for the time being secondary device use? :p

submitted by /u/Hecliede
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hecliede, May 23, 2022

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 23, 2022
  3. BobA5835 Win User
    Radeon secondary...?

Hi All:

I have a Radeon 9550 in my XP SP2 AMD 2900+. I looked at System, Device Manager and under Display Adapters I see the Radeon and then a "Radeon secondary" listed. What's up with this? Does this mean anything? Should I delete the "secondary" or is it serving some function? *Eek! secondary device use? :eek:

Thanks for any advice.

Bob
    BobA5835

BobA5835, May 23, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

secondary device use?

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 23, 2022
Thema:

secondary device use?

1. secondary device use? - Similar Threads - secondary device

2. How to remove second language and secondary keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove second language and secondary keyboard: Hi,I need to help to remove a secondary language and secondary keyboard on my PC.When I go to Language and Settings the FR language is shaded and also the FR language.I also get a popup indicating the WCLD11.dll is missing. I reinstalled Windows using the 23H2 Repair Version...
  3. How to remove second language and secondary keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove second language and secondary keyboard: Hi,I need to help to remove a secondary language and secondary keyboard on my PC.When I go to Language and Settings the FR language is shaded and also the FR language.I also get a popup indicating the WCLD11.dll is missing. I reinstalled Windows using the 23H2 Repair Version...
  4. My laptop's secondary GPU is detected on Device Manager, and fully up to date, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's secondary GPU is detected on Device Manager, and fully up to date, but not...: I have an Acer Nitro 5 with an RTX 3060 graphics card current version: 31.0.15.2802, latest. When I open the Device Manager, it is detected and says "This device is working properly". However, when I open Task Manager and go to the performance tab, the GPU is not there. When...
  5. My laptop's secondary GPU is detected on Device Manager, and fully up to date, but not...

My laptop's secondary GPU is detected on Device Manager, and fully up to date, but not...: I have an Acer Nitro 5 with an RTX 3060 graphics card current version: 31.0.15.2802, latest. When I open the Device Manager, it is detected and says "This device is working properly". However, when I open Task Manager and go to the performance tab, the GPU is not there. When...
  6. Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD: I have a Dell Latitude 5520 laptop which came with an NVMe KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB SSD. I added a secondary SSD, a TOSHIBA KSG60ZMV256G M.2 2280 256GB SSD. However, this caused some issues. When booting after adding the Toshiba SSD, it would take an extremely long time...
  7. Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD: I have a Dell Latitude 5520 laptop which came with an NVMe KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB SSD. I added a secondary SSD, a TOSHIBA KSG60ZMV256G M.2 2280 256GB SSD. However, this caused some issues. When booting after adding the Toshiba SSD, it would take an extremely long time...
  8. Issues With Restarting Device Due to Secondary SSD

9. My device recognises my secondary drive but it does not show up in the file explorer.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My device recognises my secondary drive but it does not show up in the file explorer.: I built my new computer yesterday and I have 2 drives currently (with a 3rd arriving in about a month) my boot drive works fine and has appeared in file explorer. I have a second drive installed and while it is recognised in the bios and in device manager, under disk drives,...
  10. My device reconises my secondary drive but it does not show up in the file explorer.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My device reconises my secondary drive but it does not show up in the file explorer.: I built my new computer yesterday and I have 2 drives currently (with a 3rd arriving in about a month) my boot drive works fine and has appeared in file explorer. I have a second drive installed and while it is recognised in the bios and in device manager, under disk drives,...