Windows 10: Secondary display not working after update

Discus and support Secondary display not working after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the 10/10 update for 1803 my secondary monitor has stopped working. States that the device has been migrated. I am both unsure what this means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SchawnRolfe, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Secondary display not working after update

After the 10/10 update for 1803 my secondary monitor has stopped working. States that the device has been migrated. I am both unsure what this means and not sure how to fix it...

***Original title: Device has migrated...***

:)

SchawnRolfe, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Secondary display won't work after recent update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the questions stated below:

• What is the make and model of the monitor?
    • Does the second monitor work on other operating system?

Uninstall the display drivers and re-install the same and check if that fixes the issue.

Follow the steps to uninstall the drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manager.

b. Expand Display Adapters.

c. Right on the Display Adapter and select uninstall.

e. Restart the computer.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution and check.

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Update the latest drivers for the monitor.

Go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for the monitor.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 14, 2018
  4. BobA5835 Win User

Secondary display not working after update

Radeon secondary...?

Hi All:

I have a Radeon 9550 in my XP SP2 AMD 2900+. I looked at System, Device Manager and under Display Adapters I see the Radeon and then a "Radeon secondary" listed. What's up with this? Does this mean anything? Should I delete the "secondary" or is it serving some function? *Eek! Secondary display not working after update :eek:

Thanks for any advice.

Bob
    BobA5835

BobA5835, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Secondary display not working after update

1. Secondary display not working after update - Similar Threads - Secondary display working

2. Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11: Greetings,Since plugging my Eluktronics MAX-17 with Win11 Home into my television via HDMI, my main Primary laptop display's Taskbar is blank, black, unclickable and off to the lefthand side. However on external monitors it shows clearly the correct way. I've tried flipping...
  3. Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11: Greetings,Since plugging my Eluktronics MAX-17 with Win11 Home into my television via HDMI, my main Primary laptop display's Taskbar is blank, black, unclickable and off to the lefthand side. However on external monitors it shows clearly the correct way. I've tried flipping...
  4. Display tablet not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display tablet not working after an update.: Hello, I am absolutely desperate at this point, because noone nowhere could help me with my issue. I am an artist that uses Huion Kamvas 13 to work. It's a display tablet that works with a pen. I have been using it for months and few times already after the WIndows 10 updates...
  5. Display tablet not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display tablet not working after an update.: Hello, I am absolutely desperate at this point, because noone nowhere could help me with my issue. I am an artist that uses Huion Kamvas 13 to work. It's a display tablet that works with a pen. I have been using it for months and few times already after the WIndows 10 updates...
  6. Display tablet not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Secondary Chromebook Display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary Chromebook Display?: i want to use my (school) chromebook as a secondary display for my windows 10 desktop. trick is, with it being a chromebook not owned by me, i can't download third-party apps of any sort. is there any way to connect it via VGA, DVI, or USB? i'm not too advanced with tech, so...
  8. Display on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display on secondary monitor: My second monitor is going black one second after i connect it and i bought a new adapter and it still does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-on-secondary-monitor/05501634-4ccf-4520-90f8-6975d9ad7e35
  9. Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display: Okay, so, I've had my laptop for almost a year now, For the first roughly 8 months when i plug in a display, all of my desktop icons stayed in place, on my main laptop screen. (I plug in and detach a monitor all the time, probably at the least once daily, none of the icons...
  10. Secondary Display not showing after clean install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary Display not showing after clean install: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 and updated all Windows to the most recent, however Windows does'nt see or recognise my secondary Display/TV. There have been no changes to my TV setting, they remain as they were before I did the clean install, I have the most up...