Windows 10: Secondary drive locked with Bitlocker after factory reset

Discus and support Secondary drive locked with Bitlocker after factory reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to perform a factory reset on my Dell Inspiron 17-1779 after Dell updates were installed. My machine has an SSD primary drive and a secondary... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by camntx, Apr 17, 2019.

1. camntx Win User

Secondary drive locked with Bitlocker after factory reset

I had to perform a factory reset on my Dell Inspiron 17-1779 after Dell updates were installed. My machine has an SSD primary drive and a secondary SATA drive. I can not access the secondary drive after the reset because it is locked with Bitlocker. I have gone to oneDrive and get the message "You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account." When I go to the "more info" I get instructions like find where you wrote it down...I never wrote it down because I didn't activate it. I have never heard of Bitlocker before, and now I am having a nightmare!!! My secondary drive is where I backed up my documents and work!

I sincerely hope someone can help me!

:)

camntx, Apr 17, 2019

2. Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset on surface book.

Bitlocker has locked me out of windows during doing a full reset. Don't have keycode or access to any windows directory including being prevented from doing full factory reset because it appears that the volume where the instalation copy of windows is stored,
    seems to be 'Volume 3', is the only volume listed twice over, and both are locked by bitlocker. The system is a surface book with windows 10.

How do I work around this to do a full factory reset?

AdeaneCroft, Apr 17, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Secondary drive locked with Bitlocker after factory reset

hard drive locked with bitlocker

If you don't have your encryption key (bitlocker key), the Store won't be able to do very much besides a factory reset (return the computer to "brand new condition"). Although you could do that yourself without going to a store.

But first, if you have ever linked your account to your Microsoft Account online, your key might be stored in your private OneDrive account. Try this:

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Secondary drive locked with Bitlocker after factory reset

1. Secondary drive locked with Bitlocker after factory reset - Similar Threads - Secondary drive locked

2. Factory reset without bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset without bitlocker: My roommate recently passed away and left me a surface pro 7. He didn't leave me the pin or password. I want to factory reset so I can use it but have no way to get bitlock recovery key. Is the computer useless now. I obviously can't get the passwords since he is deceased....
  3. Factory reset without bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset without bitlocker: My roommate recently passed away and left me a surface pro 7. He didn't leave me the pin or password. I want to factory reset so I can use it but have no way to get bitlock recovery key. Is the computer useless now. I obviously can't get the passwords since he is deceased....
  4. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  5. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  6. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...: I finally decided to reset my computer which was locked by Bitlocker, without a key, and I did so by formatting the drives. However, after reinstalling Windows to my SSD, the main drive no longer shows up anywhere! I've checked in the BIOS, in disk management, and in the...
  8. Bitlocker keeps locking secondary D: drive after every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker keeps locking secondary D: drive after every reboot: I am having a very frustrating issue with windows 10, and thought I would see if anyone here could help. I have a 2018 Dell G5 15 gaming laptop, and the other night I swapped out the 250gb solid state C: drive with a 1TB samsung NVMe drive. Before the swap, I created a...
  9. Will a 'factory reset' uninstall my secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will a 'factory reset' uninstall my secondary hard drive?: Hello, I am having some issues with my PC about once a day I get a 'blue screen of death' saying ucmucsi failure. I have tried fixing this issue for quite a while with help from the nice people of this forum but the problem remains. I assume resetting to factory defaults...
  10. Device lock to screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device lock to screen after factory reset: Please I need help. I reset my connect 10 tablet and it reset and ask for the outlook account password I lock it with. I input the password but it keep on telling. Me wrong password. I have change the password severally but the device failed to remember the password. Please...