Windows 10: Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen

Discus and support Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have similar problem to these two: a secondary drive marked as system drive? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums BOOTMGR is on the wrong drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Holton, May 4, 2021.

1. Holton Win User

Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen

Hello, I have similar problem to these two: a secondary drive marked as system drive? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums BOOTMGR is on the wrong drive? Partition marked as SYSTEM Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums I've read those posts but I'm not sure about the instructions and I need help specifically with my case. I'm a little bit worried about data loss because there are some info saying that those changes can make some issues. Also I have additional problem that can be connected to this? While I'm turning on my PC(monitor is ON) there's black screen There's no screen until Windows login screen (There's sound of GPU fans spin and then Windows login screen is showing up) Monitor is connected to the GPU. But while I'm connecting monitor to the motherboard hdmi everything works great. I can see everything from the start to the windows login screen. Thank You.

:)

Holton, May 4, 2021
  2. Holton Win User

Hello thanks for the response,

I made backup(image) of C drive with Macrium. Strange thing, when I tried to make a backup also windows icon was on the D drive. I'm not sure if making only C(system) backup was good option. Or should I check C and D

Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen [​IMG]

But the rest of the screenshot are here because it double posted and I tried delete it but there's no option for me even with WYSIWYG advanced post edit option.

The worst scenario that I'm worried is that I'll make those steps and my original system image wont restore. I have now a lot of stuff to do on my PC and I don't want to make myself problems.

Holton, May 5, 2021
  3. Holton Win User

Sorry for the response time, a lot of stuff.

I'm confused a little bit. Will system partition have letter D?

Also as Macboatmaster says "I think it may be legacy - MBR" so then should I use this metod?

I tried it now, unfortunately doesn't work

Reinstall is not my target option.

Screens attached below(previous ss didn't load)

Holton, May 5, 2021
  4. Holton Win User

Hey, this:

Holton, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen - Similar Threads - Secondary drive marked

2. Secondary drive was marked as 'Active', Windows unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secondary drive was marked as 'Active', Windows unable to boot.: Operating System: Windows 10 ProComputer Model: Dell Latitude E7440Drives: 250GB mSata D: where Windows was cloned from960GB Crucial SSD C: where Windows was cloned to and has been booted from for 2+/yrsDRIVES AS SHOWN HERE IN BIOS SETTINGSYesterday evening, the secondary...
  3. Secondary drive was marked as 'Active', Windows unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary drive was marked as 'Active', Windows unable to boot.: Operating System: Windows 10 ProComputer Model: Dell Latitude E7440Drives: 250GB mSata D: where Windows was cloned from960GB Crucial SSD C: where Windows was cloned to and has been booted from for 2+/yrsYesterday evening, the secondary drive 250GB mSATA where Windows was...
  4. Secondary drive was marked as 'Active', Windows unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary drive was marked as 'Active', Windows unable to boot.: Operating System: Windows 10 ProComputer Model: Dell Latitude E7440Drives: 250GB mSata D: where Windows was cloned from960GB Crucial SSD C: where Windows was cloned to and has been booted from for 2+/yrsYesterday evening, the secondary drive 250GB mSATA where Windows was...
  5. Secondary drive marked as "System" and I need to change it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary drive marked as "System" and I need to change it.: Hello, my secondary HDD APPS A: it's flagged as system and I want to change it to my SSD WINDOWS C:How can I do this? There is no option in DiskPart to do this......
  6. Secondary drive marked as "System" and I need to change it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary drive marked as "System" and I need to change it.: Hello, my secondary HDD APPS A: it's flagged as system and I want to change it to my SSD WINDOWS C:How can I do this? There is no option in DiskPart to do this......
  7. Secondary drive marked as "System" and I need to change it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen: Hello, I have similar problem to these two: a secondary drive marked as system drive? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums BOOTMGR is on the wrong drive? Partition marked as SYSTEM Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums I've read those posts but I'm not sure about the instructions and I...
  9. Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary drive marked as System + Black screen: Hello, I have similar problem to these two: a secondary drive marked as system drive? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums BOOTMGR is on the wrong drive? Partition marked as SYSTEM Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums I've read those posts but I'm not sure about the instructions and I...
  10. System restore and secondary drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore and secondary drives: So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do...