Windows 10: Secondary email account not opening

Discus and support Secondary email account not opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have two main email accounts one Hotmail and one with my ISP. Now I have set up a folder in settings and via the Outlook page but it shows no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 2, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Secondary email account not opening

I have two main email accounts one Hotmail and one with my ISP. Now I have set up a folder in settings and via the Outlook page but it shows no messages and I know there will be messages there because it is the back up email in case I have to redo my Microsoft account.

Now at times I get a screen that looks like a starry night and there is my secondary account but I cannot get it to work through Outlook in the usual set up and I don't know where this starry night look comes from.

Any ideas really appreciated because I do need that secondary account.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 2, 2017
  2. Ronika M' Win User

gmail message on phone

Hello Jaybrown69,

Thank you for posting in the Forum.

May I ask if this is the main Microsoft Account on your phone or whether this is a secondary email account?

If this is a secondary email account, please try removing it and then re-adding it.

Thank you, kind regards,

Ronika M', Sep 2, 2017
  3. E5 setting e-mail *Unable to create mailbox*

Log into your nokia messaging account on the internet... Then try to add ur primary email first, if it dosn't work, add the secondary email first then the primary email.

I believe you have used a secondary email on ur nokia messaging account. So log in with the other email. then you will be allowed to add this gmail account. Later on ur can swap the other back to be ur primary email...

Stanley08---01, Sep 2, 2017
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Anyone?? because I have tried all combos of passwords and ways of setting up this account and I cannot get it to work and it is essential for recovering my Microsoft info.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 3, 2017
  5. Might I suggest you open a free Gmail account and use that as an alternate. Then you can always sign into gmail with any browser and get email.

Outlook and Microsoft accounts can also be set up to text you a code so they know its you. Very quick and easy. You say you forget, they send code, you enter and log in.

If you make these changes in Microsoft account and can't verify yourself, due to lack of access to secondary account, MS will nag you each day you log in telling you that your security info has changed. This goes on for thirty days to ensure the real owner will see that the security info has been requested to changed.

To short circuit the thirty days phone your telco and ask how to sign into your mail account with a browser. Then open and deal with verification email.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 5, 2017
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks Ken mate I already have a Gmail account added though it gets very little use but same thing it doesn't download anything to an inbox or whatever.

I might look up and do the texting thing too because this is enough to send one potty(er) never had this problem with the WLM.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 5, 2017
  7. Can you sign into Gmail using a browser at gmail.com?

I would attempt this first to confirm password and any other security requirements it maybe imposing.

Actually I'm not really sure how you are using this. I read that it is your alternate email account for security purposes but if you can't log in to to outlook.com because of issue with account password I'm not sure how you are going to open mail from an alternate source.

I like the texting option but like everything there is a downside. If you are travelling you need texts enabled and you need your phone. If your phone is damage your in a bind so I do keep my alternate email address active as Plan C.

Caledon Ken, Sep 5, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Hi,
    You are not being at all clear, making it virtually impossible to know exactly what you are on about.

1. Two Email Accounts. a) Gmail, b) ISP provided. Is that the case ?

2. Can you access both Accounts by a Web Browser(Webmail) ?

Email Client Application. e.g. Windows 10 Mail App.
    Which one ?

Helmut, Sep 5, 2017
  9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes Ken I can if I go in through Google but it is ususlally minor stuff and in Outlokk it is a mystery on how to change settings.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 6, 2017
  10. Interest. You are using Thunderbird on the same account. Is the Bigpond account set up as POP in Thunderbird. If so, and depending how you have POP settings you could be downloading mail and deleting immediately. Then when you use the Windows 10 mail app, ( the screen does not the MS Outlook app) , there is no mail to bring down.

Does Bigpond support IMAP accounts?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 6, 2017
  11. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yep Ken tht sounds like a reasonable thing t be happening but I don't know enough about POP and IMAP stuff to know how to set them up I know when I was using WLM this never happened and I used both mail servers in that I just remember setting incoming mail.bigpond.mail for both and it just worked.

Mate I think this is just an Outlook thing and I bet my house on I was using the paid for version of Outlook there would be no issue it just seems Microsoft are being a but pedantic about it and well you have to think being greedy. I can check my bigpond account in TB anyway if I have to use that mail for verification purposes as frankly I a tired of it becoming very lop sided in favour of Microsoft and I mean the OS's in general not just the email service. Pretty flipping ordinary because as I think I have mentioned in many places computing is one of my few pleasures left in life and it is becoming so complicated to take part in.

I might just leave it at this mate but thanks for your help and patience along with everyone who has chipped in because it seems to me that obviously Microsoft want to own one/evreyone lock stock an barrel just for the hell of it because surely they could not need more money. *Sad

ICIT2LOL, Sep 6, 2017
  12. One last check, just for sanity. Open TB. Click Tools, Account Options. Find your account for bigpond, click on Server settings. At the top it should indicate POP or imap.

If bigpond supports imap I would move to it. IMAP allows you to see your mail anywhere and if you delte on one device it deletes on all devices.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Secondary email account not opening - Similar Threads - Secondary email account

2. Account opened under my email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account opened under my email?: Hello,Recently I have been receiving emails that my Microsoft account password has been changed. I have never opened a microsoft account under this one email. I keep getting your password has changed every few months. If i try to log in and claim the account i will get an...
  3. Account opened under my email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account opened under my email?: Hello,Recently I have been receiving emails that my Microsoft account password has been changed. I have never opened a microsoft account under this one email. I keep getting your password has changed every few months. If i try to log in and claim the account i will get an...
  4. My microsoft account has been hacked they changed both my email and secondary email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account has been hacked they changed both my email and secondary email: Hello, i need your help my microsoft account has been hacked, the guy who hacked me change email, secondary email and password i really need help with this i have i have important documents and old family photos which i dont want to lose in "OneDrive" please help....
  5. email used to be primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Customization
    email used to be primary and secondary: Hello, My email in outlook, Hotmail used to be divided in primary email and secondary email since upgrading all my email are in one. Why is this ? I prefer my email divided. Can I get back the previous setting. Please let me know Thank you...
  6. Secondary/Recovary email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secondary/Recovary email: So i would like to change my recovery email but in order to do that i have to use the old one with which i've never seen before to get a code and verify and it gives me no other option like using my phone number that is linked or my primary email please help me fix this issue...
  7. Secondary email ?blocked

in Browsers and Email
    Secondary email ?blocked: I have a outlook.live.com email server and my primary address hotmail is no problem but all of a sudden my secondary and back up email address has suddenly stopped in Outlook. Now I use this second address for when for example Microsoft send me a code for changing...
  8. Cannot add secondary email.

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add secondary email.: Ok as I cannot find if I have posted before like listing subscriptions I will have to post now so sorry if I have down so in the past. I have my main email set in outlook.live.com using hotmail. Now in 7 and 10 now I am having the greatest of difficulty in adding my...
  9. Another secondary email problem

in Browsers and Email
    Another secondary email problem: Am using the Hotmail mail app (the Starry night look one) and I can set it up and see it as I like all but the default font it has to be changed very message or reply I make and the darn thing has no spellcheck. I also find it rather irritating that it does not show you if...
  10. secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app: I am trying to help my pa set up a new linx 1010 tablet. I have linked the main email account but the two secondary accounts have a warning symbol and 'require attention'. When you select the account it says 'still working on it' but nothing seems to happen. these are...