Windows 10: secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10

Discus and support secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I am currently facing an issue with windows 10 in my dell laptop. I have added SSD as my primary harddisk and add my old SATA harddisk as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nikhilsatam, Jun 14, 2019.

1. secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10

Hi All,

I am currently facing an issue with windows 10 in my dell laptop. I have added SSD as my primary harddisk and add my old SATA harddisk as secondary using dvd rom casing. My both harddisk get detected in BIOS, but as I restart my pc my second harddisk isn't visible in explorer. To have the harddisk visible i need to restart my laptop twice. On normal shutdown and start, it shows both my harddisk properly.

Thanks in advance.

:)

nikhilsatam, Jun 14, 2019

2. External Hard disk detect issue

Hello,

Let's determine the reason why your Windows 10 stopped detecting your external hard disk. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tied connecting the external hard disk to a different computer? If yes, is it working?

In the meantime, let's run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter automatically detects and resolves problem with hardware and devices. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 14, 2019
  3. vivanco Win User
    hard disk drive problem

i have a western digital 120 gb ide hard drive ( there was still 25 gb free space ) and everything was running fine until i decided to update windows xp home edition service pack 1 to service pack 2. I updated the windows and after the updating was done it asked me to restart the computer so i restarted the computer and it was normal then the windows would not start up. i turned off the computer and then turned it back on, everything gets on normally but it gets stock at where it says windows xp, it just stays there forever therefore i dont get to my desktop. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

I have an old hard disk drive which im not using and it has 10 gb space. Can i plug it to my system and run the windows from that and still be able use my other hard disk too so i can uninstall the service pack 2 from my hard disk.

Waiting for your suggestions!

Thank you for your time !

vivanco, Jun 14, 2019
  4. secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10

Windows 10 not detecting my seagate 1 TB external hard disk

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the status.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what exactly happen when you try to open the file?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I would recommend you to connect the external hard disk on different computer and check if you are able to open the files.

I also, suggest you to go to the Disk Management and check if the drive are detecting on the system.

Press Windows + R and type diskmgmt.msc on the box and hit
    Enter.

Method 1.

For now, I suggest you to go to device manager and update Seagate driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand, right click on the Seagate
      device and click on Update.
    If the issue still persist, you can try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the SD card to the system and run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost. Once Check Disk completes, boot
    the computer and then check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10

1. secondary hard disk not detected on restart windows 10 - Similar Threads - secondary hard disk

2. Internal hard disk not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard disk not being detected: Hi, Volume f in my laptop has a blue question mark next to it. There was a very similar question but that solution does not work form me. The hard drive that had volume f showed up in the device manager as unknown device under storage but it disappeared after i rebooted. The...
  3. External Hard Disk not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Disk not detected: I have a WD My Passport external HDD with 1 TB capacity. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't detect it however, in devices and printer, it shows the device. What can I do to have it detected?Help?...
  4. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  5. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toshiba external hard disk not detected: I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports,...
  6. Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk: Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk and I would appreciate confirmation and any assistance in migrating them all the the main C drive. If I remove the secondary hard drive I am left with no boot options from my bios. I attached screenshots of disk...
  7. Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk: Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk and I would appreciate confirmation and any assistance in migrating them all the the main C drive. If I remove the secondary hard drive I am left with no boot options from my bios. I attached screenshots of disk...
  8. Hard disk not detected

Hard disk not detected: WD my passport ultra is not detected in the surface 6. I checked it at device mgmt but not showing then checked it through command prompt it not showing. However once it showed the message that " Last USB device you connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise...
  9. Hard-disks are not being detected in Windows and in the BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard-disks are not being detected in Windows and in the BIOS: There are two hard-disks: Hard-disk 1 Secondary in new `n old computers Hard-disk 2 Secondary in new, but primary bootable in old, computers Some time ago, my hard-disk 1, that I had put in my new computer from my old computer, was working fine. But one day, when I wanted...
  10. Hard drive disk not detected by my windows

Hard drive disk not detected by my windows: Hard drive disk not detected by my windows. I tried upgrading to the latest windows update but no. Tried to use the Windows Memory Tool, it get's detected but 5 minutes later it disappears. I can't find it in Device manager nor Disk Management. But still is listed in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cancel hardware setting s disk need to restart diskmgmt