Windows 10: secondary hard drive clean up

Discus and support secondary hard drive clean up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. dell g7 laptop 120g ssd 1tb hd. 3 years. cant count all the games/launchers that came & went. Did clean win10 install, Saved nothing wrongfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by graxix, Jul 11, 2021.

1. graxix Win User

secondary hard drive clean up

Hello. dell g7 laptop 120g ssd 1tb hd. 3 years. cant count all the games/launchers that came & went. Did clean win10 install, Saved nothing wrongfully assumed it would wipe both hard drives.. Uninstalled all xbox/steam games before clean install. just to speed up process. Drive DDrive D storage, still showing 632 free of 931, After clean install. Cant clearly find out why. Not really tech savvy. tried drive D files/options/views/size ect.. Can not find 300g. Seeing a few files that i also see on drive C so makes me a bit Leary. Dell using a very small partition.

:)

graxix, Jul 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 11, 2021
  3. lvr181 Win User
    Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, Jul 11, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to use secondary hard drive?

Click on the start icon. Start typing Optimize. The app at the top of the list should be Defragment and Optimize Drives. Click on that to open it. Do you see Solid State Drive listed anywhere under Media Type?

secondary hard drive clean up [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. secondary hard drive clean up - Similar Threads - secondary hard drive

2. accident with secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  3. accident with secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  4. Hard Drive Clean-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Clean-up: My Hard drive is 'full'. 800 GB of 900 GB is in 'Other files' I cannot see. How can I see them and delete the unwanted ones safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-clean-up/b70389b8-c1b8-4b67-b26e-c604a67103b3
  5. Windows 10 Randomly Waking up Secondary Hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Randomly Waking up Secondary Hard drive?: I have a primary ssd and a secondary hdd in my system, the latter set to turn off after 20 minutes. But it would randomly spin back up and then repeat. How do I fix that? submitted by /u/harold_liang [link] [comments]...
  6. Cleaned hard drive

Cleaned hard drive: I have cleaned my old laptop's hard drive and Removed all data and personal files so i can sell it. Does that mean no one will be able to Log in to my accounts on other websites ?...
  7. hard drive cleaning

hard drive cleaning: I would like to clean my hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-cleaning/05bfae9c-6174-4938-9e25-31f892008c04"
  8. Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason

Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason: Hi, I formated my secondary hard drive, that means absolutely no data is currently being inside. The drive is excluded from Windows indexing and I programmed my drives to sleep after 1 minute for test purposes. When the drive occasionnally wakes up, Process Monitor doesn't...
  9. Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?: I built this computer about 6 months ago. I have a 500 GB M2 SSD as my C drive. I partitioned a 1TB HDD into 2 500 GB drives J and K. I am using the K drive for windows image backup trying to avoid the backups filling up my secondary drive but it still happening on the J...
  10. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...