Windows 10: Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep

Discus and support Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the most recent update (1809), when waking from sleep Windows can't find my secondary drive. If I reboot it's back again, but having to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ccnc, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Ccnc Win User

Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep

After the most recent update (1809), when waking from sleep Windows can't find my secondary drive. If I reboot it's back again, but having to do a reboot after sleep is NOT convenient! I was an earlier post that this problem occurred before (think it was 2016).

I have a Dell XPS 8930, I7, 12 gig ram, 16 gig Optane memory. I have a 240 gig SSD linked to the Optane using Intel's Rapid Storage Technology software.

Everything worked fine before 1809 and I've checked to be sure I have the latest version of the Intel RST software.

Help!

:)

Ccnc, Dec 7, 2018

2. Secondary hard drive disappears after sleep on W10 anniversary update

Hi,

I have an annoying problem since updating my system with the W10 anniversary update. On my desktop, I have an SSD with the OS and apps and a couple of hard drives for data. ONE of my secondary hard drives
    (a Toshiba P300) disappears after the system wakes from sleep. If I reboot the system it reappears in windows explorer. The other hard drive is always present.

There are a lot of mentions of a secondary drive disappearing like that on previous versions of Windows but I couldn't find anything on the net about the anniversary update causing it.

system is:

i5-3470

16gb ram

w10-pro 64bit

samsung 850evo

seagate 1tb

toshiba p300 3tb

monsieurdecca, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep Since Anniversary Update

I'm reposting this issue because I marked the previous as answered but the problem returned.

Since updating my system with the W10 anniversary update (build 1607) I'm having this issue:

ONE of my secondary hard drives (a Toshiba P300) disappears after the system wakes from sleep, both from windows explorer and from device manager. If I reboot the system it reappears. The other 'data'
    hard drive is always present. Even an external hard drive is always present.

It's happening on a desktop, I have an SSD with the OS and apps and a couple of hard drives for data.

There are a lot of mentions of a secondary drive disappearing like that on previous versions of Windows but I couldn't find anything on the net about the anniversary update causing it.

I've tried maximising (10000000 minutes) the value for turn hard disc after in the power options and the computer never goes to sleep if I don't make it. I don't have bitlocker enabled on any of the drives,

really hope someone can help

system is:

i5-3470

16gb ram

w10-pro 64bit

samsung 850evo

seagate 1tb

toshiba p300 3tb

monsieurdecca, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep

Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason

Hi,

I formated my secondary hard drive, that means absolutely no data is currently being inside. The drive is excluded from Windows indexing and I programmed my drives to sleep after 1 minute for test purposes.

When the drive occasionnally wakes up, Process Monitor doesn't find any suspicious related process.
    "QueryOpen" or "CloseFile" operations can be read but they do occur when I open a new Windows Explorer window and have usually no waking effect on the drive.

Shenmue is life, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep

1. Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep - Similar Threads - Secondary Hard Drive

2. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  3. windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode: first of all, forgive my bad english, i try to make this understandable. this thread is not for asking question, but rather to giving solution or opinion to the subject. just now im facing with problems where my windows 10 icons disappearing after waking from sleep mode....
  4. Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason: Hi, I formated my secondary hard drive, that means absolutely no data is currently being inside. The drive is excluded from Windows indexing and I programmed my drives to sleep after 1 minute for test purposes. When the drive occasionnally wakes up, Process Monitor doesn't...
  5. Bluescreen after waking from sleep

Bluescreen after waking from sleep: Never had a bsod occur on this machine. If anyone could provide me details on determining the cause of the situation, it'd be gladly appreciated *Party attached is the debug zip folder If there's somewhere where I can upload the memory.dmp or mini dump.. let me know. 42660
  6. BSOD after waking from sleep

BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  7. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...
  8. How to wake laptop from sleep using secondary monitor only?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to wake laptop from sleep using secondary monitor only?: I am hoping there is a simple solution to this that I am missing... I have a laptop running Win 10 Home x64, all the latest updates. Generally, when I put it to sleep, it will wake with just pressing a button on my USB keyboard, I do not need to use the actual laptop...
  9. Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep: Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the dialog open with a right click. It only comes back if I open the Task Manager or a separate window. Strangely if I manually...
  10. Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . .: . . . Macrium Reflect "fix boot errors" is saving my A**! Between updates, on Wake from Sleep, no Wake . . .. requires hard start . . . spinning dots . . . no boot . . . requires my Macrium Reflect intervention disk . . . "fix boot errors" . . . . System then actually does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive disappears on wake