Windows 10: Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!

Discus and support Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 64bit fully updated...I have a 256GB SSD and 1TB Hard Drive...The 256GB SSD has the OS while I use the Hard Drive for Storage and Games that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arily, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Arily Win User

Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!

Windows 10 64bit fully updated...I have a 256GB SSD and 1TB Hard Drive...The 256GB SSD has the OS while I use the Hard Drive for Storage and Games that take a lot of space.

This morning I turned on my computer to hear a funny sound...Like the discs of the Hard Drive were trying to spin I'm not sure...I was able to access the drive but I ran a diagnostic test and the Hard Drive failed on the Short and Long Test.

So ok, I need a new Hard Drive...no problem...I thought however I would run a check disc on the drive just to see if it would help. It checked and repaired for errors, I got a confirmation that it was done and ready. However the computer was freezing and I thought maybe I should restart the computer because maybe it needs a restart... The computer hung and hung and hung and was on a black screen and wouldn't boot and wouldn't boot. I was sweating bullets. I hit the power button to turn the computer off, opened the case...unplugged the Hard Drive and turned the computer on again...it did an automatic repair thing and booted just fine to the OS. I plugged the Hard Drive back in while the computer was going because I figured it I could just get my stuff off...then fine whatever I'll figure it out. However the Hard Drive is now not showing up on the computer...Not in "This PC" not it "Device Manager" not in "Disk Management"...

I desperately need the files off the drive...and not ALL the files just the important stuff...I have ALL my kids baby pictures and home videos...That's ALL I need...please how can I recover my files when the Drive in not even showing up on the computer? Please!

I currently have the Drive unplugged from the computer waiting for instructions on what I can do next...PLEASE! I'm really desperate!!!

:)

Arily, Jul 22, 2018
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jul 22, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help! - Similar Threads - Secondary Harddrive Broke

2. Need a serious help. ASAP.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a serious help. ASAP.: My windows 10 is currently experiencing various errors please this is serious and i have a project that i've been working on postponedi have a driver issues in my pc by the time my uncle gave it to me. it's intel core i5 4460, GT 730 and has 5gb of ram 4gb and 1 gb sticks...
  3. I need help seriously frustrating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help seriously frustrating: My computer will not let me do anything I deleted the administrator account not knowing what was going to happen. Now I can't do anything because I'm not administrator anymore. There isn't even a place to login as the administrator anymore? I can't accept anything to run on...
  4. I seriously need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I seriously need help: OK, so today I found that there was a random .txt file on my desktop. When i opened it, it showed [1013/103251.495:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3) I was curious and searched it up, turns out that it could be...
  5. I seriously need help.

I seriously need help.: I installed Ubuntu onto my PC and now I can’t reinstall windows. I’ve been freaking out about this for hours. I’ve replaced my SSD, reset my BIOS, and looked up various videos for a fix. I’ve tried reinstalling windows, but every time I put my windows install/boot USB into my...
  6. NEED SERIOUS HELP

NEED SERIOUS HELP: [ATTACH] i was pressing delete button continuously while in the desktop and then suddenly i after sometime I saw that the "this pc" icon is gone with some other icons and shortcuts. I pressed ctrl+z multiple times and the icons and shortcuts came back but "this pc" didnt...
  7. Need Some Serious Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Some Serious Help: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system seems to be having difficulty handling...
  8. Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.: A Senior MS Tech I was working with said he wanted to reinstall windows 10 version 1809 because after 4 MS updates, that is after the 4th MS update, MS Edge quits working and will not start. This is the fourth tech and the 2nd senior tech I have had to work with. The...
  9. Windows broke the harddrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows broke the harddrive: So.... My girlfriend is gonna contact the manufactorer of the pc but. I wanted to ask here too. My girlfriend was playing VRChat in VR and suddenly everything froze for about 15 sec. Then Windows had its Blue screen of death with the error code: Critical Process Died. (No...
  10. Problem exploring secondary harddrive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem exploring secondary harddrive.: My pc is running windows 10 and I'm trying see files in another hdd that's running xp. I connected it as a slave just so I could see the files and collect and save what I needed to. when I go into storage and have a look It does show the hard drive and it does have the colour...