Windows 10: Secondary hdd boot error

Discus and support Secondary hdd boot error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/azimut747, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Secondary hdd boot error

I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I pick ssd and it runs.. but it's frustrating everytime I have to do this.. another thing: if I take out the hdd windows starts normally.. any tips?

submitted by /u/azimut747
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/azimut747, Oct 29, 2019
  2. b52gunr Win User

VirtualBox on SSD or secondary HDD Discussion

It seems UEFI firmware on relatively new computers does not like dual booting on secondary HDD's. So, what are your recommendations? Dual boot on a partition of the SSD, or set up a virtual machine on the secondary HDD?

VirtualBox is the current preference.

<Moved from Windows Insider preview forums>

b52gunr, Oct 29, 2019
  3. How to Disable Chkdsk at Boot for a Secondary HDD

Windows recently starting having an issue with one of my PC's secondary drives, suggesting a disk check and repair on boot. I let it run to completion once, but it still continued to prompt me for another disk check, though it would always give me the option
    to 'press any key to skip.'

Now, however, there is no option to skip the disk check, and the one time I let it run overnight, I found it stalled at 16%. The only way I am able to boot to desktop now is by disconnecting the SATA cable to the HDD - reconnecting it and rebooting immediately
    causes Windows to try performing another checkdisk.

Is there any way for me to prevent Windows from running the check disk on this drive?

NilsWendel, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Secondary hdd boot error

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Secondary hdd boot error

1. Secondary hdd boot error - Similar Threads - Secondary hdd boot

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  4. Computer wont boot with secondary HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer wont boot with secondary HDD?: Hi there, hope this is the right place, Essentially my issue is that whenever I try to boot my pc with a secondary HDD plugged in it wont boot, it doesn't even get to the bios splash screen, I have windows installed on a Kingston SSD, and I am trying to utilise a...
  5. Secondary HDD not showing

Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  6. Secondary HDD totally inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Secondary HDD totally inaccessible: Recently I encountered system slowdown and instability on my Windows 10 PC. After trying a large amount of troubleshooting steps, I've almost fixed the problem by using "Reset This PC" to reinstall Windows without removing personal files. However, there's still one issue:...
  7. Windows sometimes won't boot because of secondary HDD.

Windows sometimes won't boot because of secondary HDD.: Hello everyone, I have been trying to figure this one out for some time now, but I just can't find any solution except getting a new HDD. Sometimes my PC will get stuck on spinny points boot screen. Even when trying to boot into the recovery mode it just gets stuck at a...
  8. New Computer with boot from SSD & old computer's boot HDD as secondary

in Windows 10 Support
    New Computer with boot from SSD & old computer's boot HDD as secondary: Greetings. I just built a new computer with an SSD boot drive and the boot HDD from the old computer as a second drive. Both drives have Win10-1803 on them, and each is bootable in the new PC. In the interest of conserving space on the SSD, I want to install programs on both...
  9. Main SDD won't boot without secondary HDD

Main SDD won't boot without secondary HDD: So this interesting. I wanted to make an image of my machine since upgrading to Windows 10 and saw it kept on including my secondary drive (which has over 600 gigs of movies). I am not able to uncheck it. So I figured what the hell and disconnected the drive. My box will...
  10. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...