Windows 10: Secondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD

Discus and support Secondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have an ADATA SP900 SSD located in C: and a WD BLUE 500GB located in D: and every time I open any software located in C: I hear noise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dominic63, Mar 31, 2019.

1. dominic63 Win User

Secondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD

Hello guys,

I have an ADATA SP900 SSD located in C: and a WD BLUE 500GB located in D: and every time I open any software located in C: I hear noise from the secondary HDD, I open task manager and I see disk D: loading, I noticed this issue when browsing Google Chrome with multiple tabs and I did not pay attention until now.

I don't have any other app like uttorent to use D: disk, I use it only for storage.

I removed the secondary HDD and now PC loads even faster because it loads only on SSD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

dominic63, Mar 31, 2019
  2. b52gunr Win User

VirtualBox on SSD or secondary HDD Discussion

It seems UEFI firmware on relatively new computers does not like dual booting on secondary HDD's. So, what are your recommendations? Dual boot on a partition of the SSD, or set up a virtual machine on the secondary HDD?

VirtualBox is the current preference.

<Moved from Windows Insider preview forums>

b52gunr, Mar 31, 2019
  3. dopefish9 Win User
    Secondary HDD not found by Optimize and Defrag

Hello,

Upgraded to Win10 a few weeks ago. I have a 240G primary SSD (CSecondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD :) and 1TB internal secondary HDD (ESecondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD :), plus a 1TB external USB backup drive (JSecondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD :). I wanted to determine why the internal 1TB HDD seems to have some 'missing' space so I opened Optimize Drives.
    But Optimize Drives only lists the SSD (CSecondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD :), USB drive (JSecondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD :) and a System Reserved drive. It doesn't list the internal 1TB HDD.

So far my searches have turned up problems where extra drives aren't recognized at all, but mine works fine for everything else (I've moved Libraries there, created system images there, it shows in Explorer, etc.)

Edit: Device Manager indicates no issues with the drive. I've also right-clicked from Explorer > Properties > Tools > Optimize, and the list is still missing this drive.

Can anyone explain this or provide a solution?

Thank you!

Stephen

dopefish9, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Adæ Win User

New pc build ssd and hdd

I recently finish to build my gaming system

and instead get a HDD

I choose a secondary SSD for overall performance vs a regular HDD

and the SSD have other benefits compare to a HDD.!

my primary SSD 111GB I have the OS and the game I play everyday

my secondary M2 SSD 256GB I have my backup and one more game

my primary SSD still have 37,8GB free space

my secondary SSD still have 150GB free space

why I choose an SSD for my secondary hard drive?

because the price was reasonable and plus I have a M2 SSD port on my motherboard

and I never run out for space

and obviously because the SSD is faster and doesn't produce heat like a HDD does

I used to use a 500GB HDD in my old build

and I remember when I defrag the HDD it take at least 1 hour

the SSD doesn't have to be defrag and I love it...!!!!

Thema:

1. Secondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD - Similar Threads - Secondary HDD Loads

2. DNS Primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Primary and secondary: Hi. I'm using a same dns name local as a public one. Yes i know i could change it to something else but i don't wont that.But my problem is that when i set my device's to use a secondary dns server to a use a a public dns server like 8.8.8.8 When trying to surf to my internal...
  3. DNS Primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Primary and secondary: Hi. I'm using a same dns name local as a public one. Yes i know i could change it to something else but i don't wont that.But my problem is that when i set my device's to use a secondary dns server to a use a a public dns server like 8.8.8.8 When trying to surf to my internal...
  4. DNS Primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. email used to be primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Customization
    email used to be primary and secondary: Hello, My email in outlook, Hotmail used to be divided in primary email and secondary email since upgrading all my email are in one. Why is this ? I prefer my email divided. Can I get back the previous setting. Please let me know Thank you...
  6. Will not let me change primary storage location from ssd to hdd

Will not let me change primary storage location from ssd to hdd: When trying to switch storage locations from SSD to hdd, it comes up with an error message saying "We couldn't set your default save location" and the error code is 0x80070005. Everything is plugged in fine and in perfect working order. Have tried even restarting the pc and...
  7. Folder locations between ssd and hdd

Folder locations between ssd and hdd: So i have a dillema. I thought i had all my problems figured out with my laptop storage locations between a ssd and hhd when i got it. I took the easy route and went under settings, system, storage, then clicked where new content is saved and changed all of it to drive D. All...
  8. SQL primary and secondary server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL primary and secondary server: If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ? If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and...
  9. Secondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD

Secondary HDD Loads when I open a file located in Primary SSD: Hello guys, I have an ADATA SP900 SSD located in C: and a WD BLUE 500GB located in D: and every time I open any software located in C: I hear noise from the secondary HDD, I open task manager and I see disk D: loading, I noticed this issue when browsing Google Chrome with...
  10. Secondary HDD freezes when writting to/deleting files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD freezes when writting to/deleting files: Since late Sep 2015 updates, I have been getting random freezes when writing files to secondary HDD via Internet Download Manager and also freezes when deleting big file in that HDD. Things done to fix but failed: 1. update Internet Download Manager to latest version 2....