Windows 10: Secondary HDD not showing

Discus and support Secondary HDD not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuryanshKotpal, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Secondary HDD not showing

I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it

I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy

First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device management and even in BIOS

I don't know how it happend and even im running low on disk space

Even my older hdd is running on other pc and laptops with same caddy and other hdd with same caddy on my system but not mine

When i plug it in on SATA DVD my screen also goes balnk nd nothing shows up on it.

voice of running disk also comes but it shows no where

:)

SuryanshKotpal, Nov 10, 2020
  2. JayceeM Win User

Help choosing a secondary HDD

I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

JayceeM, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Riekopo Win User
    Secondary HDD showing up under "Safely remove hardware and eject media"

Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Asus P8Z77-V mobo. Intel i7 3770K cpu. Primary SSD 500GB 850 Evo. Secondary HDD 500GB Seagate 7200RPM.

I went into the mobo bios and tried to fix this. When I went into the SATA settings the secondary HDD wasn't even listed there. And the "hot plug" functionality was already disabled for everything. I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I'd prefer not
    to have to go into the registry and mess with things.

imgur.com

Riekopo, Nov 10, 2020
  4. dopefish9 Win User

Secondary HDD not showing

Secondary HDD not found by Optimize and Defrag

Hello,

Upgraded to Win10 a few weeks ago. I have a 240G primary SSD (CSecondary HDD not showing :) and 1TB internal secondary HDD (ESecondary HDD not showing :), plus a 1TB external USB backup drive (JSecondary HDD not showing :). I wanted to determine why the internal 1TB HDD seems to have some 'missing' space so I opened Optimize Drives.
    But Optimize Drives only lists the SSD (CSecondary HDD not showing :), USB drive (JSecondary HDD not showing :) and a System Reserved drive. It doesn't list the internal 1TB HDD.

So far my searches have turned up problems where extra drives aren't recognized at all, but mine works fine for everything else (I've moved Libraries there, created system images there, it shows in Explorer, etc.)

Edit: Device Manager indicates no issues with the drive. I've also right-clicked from Explorer > Properties > Tools > Optimize, and the list is still missing this drive.

Can anyone explain this or provide a solution?

Thank you!

Stephen

dopefish9, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Secondary HDD not showing

1. Secondary HDD not showing - Similar Threads - Secondary HDD showing

2. Secondary hdd drive does not show on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary hdd drive does not show on pc: Hi my secondary storage space does show up in my computer and also device manager it happened before and i got a new hdd but it has happened again please help me out here...
  3. Secondary hdd drive does not show on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary hdd drive does not show on pc: Hi my secondary storage space does show up in my computer and also device manager it happened before and i got a new hdd but it has happened again please help me out here...
  4. Error code 0xc000000e shows when secondary HDD is connected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc000000e shows when secondary HDD is connected.: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and the windows works fine. When I connect my secondary HDD, Windows won't start. It shows 0xc000000e error code. I have to manually select the SSD on boot menu every time I restart. I checked my boot priority list and set to SSD...
  5. Error code 0xc000000e shows when secondary HDD is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xc000000e shows when secondary HDD is connected.: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and the windows works fine. When I connect my secondary HDD, Windows won't start. It shows 0xc000000e error code. I have to manually select the SSD on boot menu every time I restart. I checked my boot priority list and set to SSD...
  6. Error code 0xc000000e shows when secondary HDD is connected.

7. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  8. Add a secondary HDD

Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  9. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  10. Secondary 3TB HDD not showing in explorer after W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary 3TB HDD not showing in explorer after W10 Upgrade: Hello everyone! I'm and after effortless googling for 2 days I seek your wisdom in a specific problem I'm having after updating to Windows 10. My setup before the problem was: - Windows 8.1 in a 250GB SSD with Linux dual boot - Secondary 160GB HDD (fs: ntfs, type:...