Windows 10: Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?

Discus and support Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently did a restore on the comp (cleaning the craps) and I can't remember how I fixed it before...but I'd like it so that Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arily, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Arily Win User

Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?

Hello, I have recently did a restore on the comp (cleaning the craps) and I can't remember how I fixed it before...but I'd like it so that Windows 10 doesn't put my secondary HDD asleep. I actually have programs on there I access and I've noticed a delay on launching them...might be because the drive is going to sleep...might not...but I'd like to disable the sleeping on the secondary HDD. I went to power options and seen where to change in minutes until the Drives are put to sleep but I'm not concerned about my main Drive that holds the OS...if I'm away from the computer and it wants to sleep fine...but if I'm active I'd like the secondary HDD to always be ready and available without delay.

I'm on Windows 10 the 1903 version.

Thank you =)

:)

Arily, Oct 15, 2019
  2. azurious Win User

secondary HDD get disappear after sleep

after re partitioning on windows 10 secondary HDD get disappear after sleep

windows is updated

azurious, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping? - Similar Threads - Secondary HDD Possibly

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  4. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  5. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios ahci option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  6. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios acpi option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  7. Secondary HDD totally inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Secondary HDD totally inaccessible: Recently I encountered system slowdown and instability on my Windows 10 PC. After trying a large amount of troubleshooting steps, I've almost fixed the problem by using "Reset This PC" to reinstall Windows without removing personal files. However, there's still one issue:...
  8. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  9. My internal secondary HDD is still going to sleep

My internal secondary HDD is still going to sleep: It's a brand new installation of Windows 10, the updates are run and applied. I went into the power settings in the control panel and told it to not let anything go to sleep My secondary HDD is still going to sleep however. It's a Seagate 500GB on SATA 1 91137
  10. Sleeping secondary hdd spinning up every 2 hours

Sleeping secondary hdd spinning up every 2 hours: How to stop windows10 from spinning up my secondary hdd every 2 hours? In event log i see "Event 15, SecurityCenter" "Updated Windows Defender status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON." every ~2 hours, and that spins up hdd. i added that drive to exclusions in...