Windows 10: Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore

Discus and support Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I added the HDD of my laptop as a secondary HDD on my PC. The bios recognises it and my windows as well (which is perfect). After restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatHolyDude, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore

Hi guys, I added the HDD of my laptop as a secondary HDD on my PC. The bios recognises it and my windows as well (which is perfect).

After restarting my PC, the bios still recognises the HDD, but windows suddenly doesn’t anymore. When going back into the bios (after windows doesn’t recognise the HDD), the bios does not recognise it either.

I can repeat the whole situation by unplugging and plugging the HDD back in, however my PC stops recognising it when it’s booted and the bios stops recognising it as well...

I tried checking it with device manager and disk manager, but the HDD isn’t recognised there either.

Can anyone help me? Would be fun to use the laptop HDD as a secondary HDD, or at least back up the files on it to my PC.

submitted by /u/ThatHolyDude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThatHolyDude, Jan 4, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Jan 4, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore

1. Secondary HDD suddenly doesn’t get recognised anymore - Similar Threads - Secondary HDD suddenly

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. help! My laptop doesn’t work anymore. Keyboard and touchpad suddenly don’t work anymore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help! My laptop doesn’t work anymore. Keyboard and touchpad suddenly don’t work anymore...: I have a HuaweiMateBook X i5 2020, bought in April 2021. Running on Windows 11 smoothly without issues for the past two years. I’ll give you a rundown of what happened, and what I’ve tried so far.the laptop worked until about 1 pm 4 hours ago today. Then suddenly the wifi...
  4. help! My laptop doesn’t work anymore. Keyboard and touchpad suddenly don’t work anymore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help! My laptop doesn’t work anymore. Keyboard and touchpad suddenly don’t work anymore...: I have a HuaweiMateBook X i5 2020, bought in April 2021. Running on Windows 11 smoothly without issues for the past two years. I’ll give you a rundown of what happened, and what I’ve tried so far.the laptop worked until about 1 pm 4 hours ago today. Then suddenly the wifi...
  5. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  6. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  7. New Xbox wireless adapter doesn’t get recognised anymore.

New Xbox wireless adapter doesn’t get recognised anymore.: A while ago I got the new/slim version of the xbox wireless adapter and it worked flawlessly for about 5 months. I always switch between my pc and laptop with no issues. Yesterday when starting my PC the adapter did not get recognised so I took it out/put it back in again....
  8. HDD not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not recognised: Hi, Am hoping somebody can give me some help getting my 2nd HDD recognised. The full story in brief on how this has happened is :- I did a windows update & after that my pc wouldnt boot i suspect due to usb drivers being disabled , anyway it meant i couldnt even use my mouse...
  9. Secondary HDD not showing

Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  10. Bluetooth doesn’t recognise devices

Bluetooth doesn’t recognise devices: I cannot connect to my devices because Bluetooth doesn’t see them. It shows them as ‘unknown’. I decided to update drivers and ran the troubleshooter. But it didn’t help. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10...