Windows 10: Secondary license not working?

Discus and support Secondary license not working? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to install Windows 10 on a new PC for a friend of mine. She bought a secondary licence of Windows 10 Pro, but the key just doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Octopuss, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Octopuss Win User

Secondary license not working?

I am trying to install Windows 10 on a new PC for a friend of mine. She bought a secondary licence of Windows 10 Pro, but the key just doesn't work.
    Not even the setup recognizes it, giving me "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media" error.

When I try to activate it post-installation, I get these errors:

Secondary license not working? [​IMG]

apparently it's a Dell OEM licence but that shouldn't matter, should it?

The most bizarre thing is I managed to activate it on my own PC right away.

What the hell is going on here?

:)

Octopuss, Sep 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

1. If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ?
    2. If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server. ?
    3. If we go for SQL Server Core Base licensing what all SQL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server ?
    4. can we use SQL core base license as a primary and SQL CAL base license as secondary or vice versa ?

***Modified title from: SQL primary and secondary server***

sejalmaurya, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Secondary license not working? - Similar Threads - Secondary license working

2. WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account: Hello,Previously many months ago in my main user account I have been able to play in Windows Mixed Reality with a VR headset no problem. Last week I launched WMR to play in VR and nothing appeared on the headset or in WMR, no cliffhouse. I decided to uninstall and reinstall...
  3. WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account: Hello,Previously many months ago in my main user account I have been able to play in Windows Mixed Reality with a VR headset no problem. Last week I launched WMR to play in VR and nothing appeared on the headset or in WMR, no cliffhouse. I decided to uninstall and reinstall...
  4. Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11: Greetings,Since plugging my Eluktronics MAX-17 with Win11 Home into my television via HDMI, my main Primary laptop display's Taskbar is blank, black, unclickable and off to the lefthand side. However on external monitors it shows clearly the correct way. I've tried flipping...
  5. Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11

Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11: Greetings,Since plugging my Eluktronics MAX-17 with Win11 Home into my television via HDMI, my main Primary laptop display's Taskbar is blank, black, unclickable and off to the lefthand side. However on external monitors it shows clearly the correct way. I've tried flipping...
  6. Win10 license not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 license not working: Hi everyone, I have a PC a without a verified windows10 license and I’m not signed in to a Microsoft account. I bought one license online on G 2 A and it worked and got confirmation and everything! Then I shut down the PC and later turned it on again, and then it said it was...
  7. Secondary user not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary user not working properly: windows 10 second user & third user start button not working and apps not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-user-not-working-properly/d641a808-7e37-4bdf-a31c-be2018d815a6
  8. Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.: If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ? If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and...
  9. Secondary display not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secondary display not working after update: After the 10/10 update for 1803 my secondary monitor has stopped working. States that the device has been migrated. I am both unsure what this means and not sure how to fix it... ***Original title: Device has migrated...***...
  10. Any Installer not working on secondary drive

Any Installer not working on secondary drive: During install of VM VirtualBox 5.1.18 on Windows 10 I get an error when installing to another drive (D*Smile, but on my main Windows harddrive (C*Smile it works just fine. I've tried installing other programs but they get interrupted as well. When the installer tries to make...