Windows 10: Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop

Discus and support Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, recently I've run into an issue with a secondary monitor that I use.I have a secondary monitor connected to my laptop, but lately, I've run into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DominykasJecius, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop

Hello, recently I've run into an issue with a secondary monitor that I use.I have a secondary monitor connected to my laptop, but lately, I've run into an issue where the monitor will randomly shut off, even though it's still connected to the computer. What I mean is, my computer still recognizes that a secondary monitor is connected, and my desktop is still split in two/has the added space and everything, but the display for the monitor itself just randomly shuts off. No idea what could be causing this, and I've tried everything I can think of in terms of possible fixes. Updating my graphics

:)

DominykasJecius, Jul 11, 2021
  2. MjsIR Win User

No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

Hi,

I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is
    using the dedicated Nvidia gpu. I've tried to change a few settings in the Nvidia control panel but still didn't manage to do anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

MJ

***Original title: Second Monitor Not Displaying Image***

MjsIR, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop

No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get the secondary display working when connected through HDMI cable.

I would suggest you to try connecting the monitor using a VGA cable and check if the display is working on second monitor. Also, you can try updating the NVidia drivers from the

manufacturer’s website

As you have mentioned that you have tried changing some settings in NVidia control panel, in order to save your time by not asking you to follow the same steps, I would like to know the settings you have tried to change. Also, I
    would like to know the make and model of the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop

1. Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop - Similar Threads - Secondary monitor display

2. My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off: Hi,I used to connect my old hp laptopwin7 to a LG tv screen, the desktop would switch automatically to the tv and the laptop screen turns off show only on screen 2. Whenever I turn the TV off the laptop would automatically show desktop on its screen automatically switch to...
  3. My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off: Hi,I used to connect my old hp laptopwin7 to a LG tv screen, the desktop would switch automatically to the tv and the laptop screen turns off show only on screen 2. Whenever I turn the TV off the laptop would automatically show desktop on its screen automatically switch to...
  4. Windows Hello Face still turns on even though I turned it off in settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face still turns on even though I turned it off in settings: I used Windows Hello Face for a bit, but I didn't really like it so I disabled it as a sign-in option in settings. However, when I try logging in, I still see my camera turn on and Windows Hello Face still tries to use my face to sign-in. I don't know how to fix this....
  5. Secondary monitor turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary monitor turning off while gaming: Hello. I got a second monitor today,a cheap one just so i can manage spotify,OBS and watch Twitch chat while streaming. The problem is the secondary monitor keeps turning off when i'm In-game... I tried everything making the secondary one my main one still turns off when i...
  6. Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors: Can anyone confirm if it's possible to tell Windows to turn off the laptop display when it's connected to two external monitors (with the monitors setup in extend mode)? I know this is possible when using one monitor but I can't find any confirmation of this working with two...
  7. My laptop displays this icon even though it's connected to wifi

My laptop displays this icon even though it's connected to wifi: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vtgac22 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7mwt6/my_laptop_displays_this_icon_even_though_its/
  8. Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input

Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input: Hey guys im trying to play games by streaming them to another device(Steam link) and i would like to tun off my monitor while im doing so, but no matter what i try(Programs, Power options,Closing the lid) my monitor will always turn back on when i make an input, is there any...
  9. Open apps move to secondary monitor when displays are turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open apps move to secondary monitor when displays are turned off: Whenever I turn off my monitors, all open apps move from monitor 2 (my primary display) to monitor 3. This only happens when the computer is NOT sleeping during the time the monitors were turned off. Does anyone have a solution to this or at least a way to quickly bring...
  10. Secondary monitor display turns off automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor display turns off automatically: I have a Dell laptop with 2 extra monitors. Everything has worked fine for a couple years and noticed about a month ago, I will be working along and everything looks up for about a second and my extra 2 displays go dark and anything on them has moved over to my laptop...