Windows 10: Secondary monitor enters power mode at random

Discus and support Secondary monitor enters power mode at random in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the past month or so my 2nd monitor dell 2009 1080p will enter power save mode whenever I open certain programs or just at random. when this happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MicahMcmullin, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Secondary monitor enters power mode at random

In the past month or so my 2nd monitor dell 2009 1080p will enter power save mode whenever I open certain programs or just at random. when this happens I have to go behind my computer and replug the DVI to Displayport adapter. I have gotten to the point where every day I have to get up and unplug then replug my monitor cord about 30 times a day and it's really starting to piss me off.

:)

MicahMcmullin, Mar 29, 2020

2. windows 10 monitors enters power save mode

Hi Cid,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you get error code 14 in device manager.

I suggest you to refer to the below help article on how to troubleshoot the error code 14 and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123

You may try to switch to the balance power plan mode or you can try to create the new power plan and check if the issue persists.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Here you may try to switch to the Balance power plan.

• You may create the new power plan by clicking on the
      Create a powerplan on left navigation pane.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to interact with the content on the secondary monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions:

• Are you facing this issue only after sleep mode?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

It could be that when you are putting the computer into sleep, after a time interval the computer might be going to Hibernate mode and that is why you are facing this issue. We can try disabling Hibernate and check if the issue persists. Please follow
    the steps mentioned below to check if that helps:

1. Type Command Prompt in the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator
    3. Now, type the command and press Enter on the keyboard:
      powercfg –h off

I suggest you to try creating a new power plan on the computer and check if that helps or makes any difference. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change the power plan:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Now, click on Power options.
    4. Click on Create a power plan.
    5. Click on Balanced (recommended) and click on
      Next.
    6. Follow the on screen instructions to create a new power plan.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Secondary monitor enters power mode at random

Repositioning app window on dual monitor, Windows 10

Hi Dreed,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Launch Skype.
    2. Drag the Skype Window to secondary monitor.
    3. Resize the window as per your preference.
    4. Maximize the Window and Restore Down.
    5. Then close the skype window in secondary monitor.
    6. Then try re-launching and check if the issue resolves.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Secondary monitor enters power mode at random

1. Secondary monitor enters power mode at random - Similar Threads - Secondary monitor enters

2. how to fix entering savings power mode on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix entering savings power mode on second monitor: I have a problem with my second monitor saying entering savings power mode and I don't know how to get it to show an actual screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-entering-savings-power-mode-on-second/f0693e2d-6de3-4f3c-92b1-c661737cdac6
  3. how to fix entering savings power mode on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix entering savings power mode on second monitor: I have a problem with my second monitor saying entering savings power mode and I don't know how to get it to show an actual screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-entering-savings-power-mode-on-second/f0693e2d-6de3-4f3c-92b1-c661737cdac6
  4. how to fix entering savings power mode on second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor Power Saving Mode

Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  6. My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode: Hello, my monitor keeps going in to power save mode and what i mean by that is an pop up comes and says "Turning on in 5 minutes" i and easily prevent that if i touch the button there is but that means my schreen would be idle even that it is not i comes up when i play on...
  7. My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode: Hello, my monitor keeps going in to power save mode and what i mean by that is an pop up comes and says "Turning on in 5 minutes" i and easily prevent that if i touch the button there is but that means my schreen would be idle even that it is not i comes up when i play on...
  8. My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode

9. My second monitor goes randomly into the power saving mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second monitor goes randomly into the power saving mode: Hi, so i have problem in my second monitor, it goes randomly into the power saving mode and i dont know how to turn it on back, i can turn it on only after some day when i unplug the cable from graphic card and plug it in back many time and it randomly turns on. Unfortunately...
  10. Monitor random power downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor random power downs: Since upgrading to windows 10, my monitor randomly goes to power save mode (standby). This appears to be mainly in games. e.g. Lord of the Rings Online, but I have noticed the same in Chrome once in a while. Apart from that, all seems to be fine. I am running the latest...