Windows 10: Secondary Monitor keeps glitching Windows 10 Taskbar

Discus and support Secondary Monitor keeps glitching Windows 10 Taskbar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running my main monitor dell SP2008wfp just fine on my desktop computer running Windows 10, but I am trying to get an older Acer x173w hooked up as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fgarrabrant, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Secondary Monitor keeps glitching Windows 10 Taskbar

I'm running my main monitor dell SP2008wfp just fine on my desktop computer running Windows 10, but I am trying to get an older Acer x173w hooked up as a secondary. As soon as the Acer is connected to the computer using its only native port, a VGA which I am hooking into a DVI on my computer's graphics card AMD Radeon HD 5700 series, the windows taskbar glitches out. I can't click on anything, the things pinned to it disappear, and the start button won't work. The loading circle shows up and won't go away no matter how long I leave it there.

I've found drivers for the Acer and installed them, but this hasn't fixed anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, the device, and updated both windows and my graphics card.

Is this a Windows issue, or a hardware issue? I'd really like to know so I can move this troubleshooting process forward, please and thank you.

:)

fgarrabrant, Mar 24, 2020
  2. comcom Win User

Excel taskbar button will not move to secondary monitor

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home

There is a problem, when I open two or more excel .xlsx files and move them to secondary monitor, the excel taskbar button will not appear on the taskbar of the secondary monitor. The excel taskbar button will only appear on the primary monitor.

If I only open one excel file, I can move the excel file to the secondary monitor and the excel taskbar button will appear on the taskbar of the secondary monitor.

All other programs are work fine, the taskbar button will appear on the taskbar where the program window is displayed. Only Excel 2007 and a program called Password Agent has the problem, the program taskbar button will always appear only on the primary monitor, even if I drag the program to secondary monitor.

I am using Excel 2007, please help if there is any solution to make Excel taskbar button appear on the taskbar of the monitor that the opened Excel window is.

This is a screenshot of my taskbar properties:

Secondary Monitor keeps glitching Windows 10 Taskbar [​IMG]

Thanks

comcom, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor

Hi Cryxe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I can understand the inconvenience you are facing with the missing Input language on your secondary monitor. Here are the few settings troubleshooting steps which you can try to fix the issue.

Step 1

Check for Updates

Click on
    Start button, select Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update
    and select check for updates.

If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Step 2

1. Press Windows +
      I key > Personalization > Taskbar.
    2. Turn
      On show taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays”.
    Step 3

1. Press Windows +
      I key > Personalization > Taskbar.
    2. Scroll down and click on
      Turn system icons on or off
      under Notification area.
    3. Enable (Turn On) the
      Input Indicator and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Secondary Monitor keeps glitching Windows 10 Taskbar

Restore window issue in Window 10 1903 when extra Monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information:

• Is the issue specific to DBeaver or does it happen on all the applications?

The issue could probably be because of the secondary monitor not having its own taskbar. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the Taskbar on your primary monitor and choose Taskbar Settings.
    • Enable Show Taskbar on all the displays under
      Multiple Displays,
      and exit Settings.
    • Now, try restoring a minimized window to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Secondary Monitor keeps glitching Windows 10 Taskbar

1. Secondary Monitor keeps glitching Windows 10 Taskbar - Similar Threads - Secondary Monitor keeps

2. W11 - No calendar on TaskBar in the secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 - No calendar on TaskBar in the secondary monitors: Hi! My main monitor shows the calendar correctly, but the second and third do not shoes it. I seek several setting and no success. Any tip / hint in how to turn on calendar in the other monitors?THX!...
  3. W11 - No calendar on TaskBar in the secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 - No calendar on TaskBar in the secondary monitors: Hi! My main monitor shows the calendar correctly, but the second and third do not shoes it. I seek several setting and no success. Any tip / hint in how to turn on calendar in the other monitors?THX!...
  4. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  5. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  6. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  7. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  8. windows 10 taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 taskbar glitch: hey so i have this strange glitch with the itunes icon on my taskbar where it has no icon and says it's not on the taskbar https://gyazo.com/b881c03d543fd93282c3c53dc9808eb9 i am assuming this is because it's in some weird limbo state of being on the taskbar and also not on...
  9. Secondary Monitor keeps reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Monitor keeps reconnecting.: My monitor keeps disconnecting and reconnecting causing all the windows to switch to the primary monitor. I am using an old VGA monitor as a secondary display with DVI to VGA adaptor. I have checked the windows logs and i get an "Audit Success" log (with code; 4672) that...
  10. Excel taskbar button will not move to secondary monitor

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel taskbar button will not move to secondary monitor: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home There is a problem, when I open two or more excel .xlsx files and move them to secondary monitor, the excel taskbar button will not appear on the taskbar of the secondary monitor. The excel taskbar button will only appear...