Windows 10: Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

Discus and support Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have what appears to be a freaky situation. However, since I've duplicated the issue on two HP laptops 1. WIN 10 & 1. WIN 11, then maybe there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NyNy777, Jun 9, 2024.

1. NyNy777 Win User

Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

I have what appears to be a freaky situation. However, since I've duplicated the issue on two HP laptops 1. WIN 10 & 1. WIN 11, then maybe there is "settings" issue? I hope you have some insight. Scenario: NOTE: ALL MY DRIVERS ARE UPDATED - Monitor has been Deleted Device Mgr & Added BackDisplay Settings "Multiple Displays" 1. Duplicate These Displays = Black Screen on Secondary Monitor/Screen Says Out of Range 2. Extend These Displays = Monitor Correctly Displays 3. Show only on 1 = Images Correctly Displayed on PC Only 4. Show only on 2 = Images Correctly Displayed on Secon

:)

NyNy777, Jun 9, 2024

2. Duplicate option not working in Project function

I am trying to connect my Laptop to TV via HDMI. After connecting both the devices with HDMI, i go to the project function key and i am given four choices to project the PC screen, (1) PC screen only (2) Duplicate (3) Extend (4) Second screen only. All
    the functions work perfectly except Duplicate key. Whenever i try to cduplicate my screen, it either extends the screen to left or simply shows only the PC screen. I changed the the TV and used my friends LCD Monitor with it, but the result is same.

Original title: Windows 10 project function

Malik Maddy, Jun 9, 2024
  3. nas g Win User
    Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.

I have a duel monitor setup. I have a monitor running at 2560x1440(main monitor). I have a monitor to the right running at 1920x1080(secondary).I have a wacom cintiq which runs at 1920x1080 that I use from time to time. Up until a few days ago I had it set up so that when I switched the wacom cintiq on it would be duplicated from the main monitor. So the main monitor runs at 1440p and the cintiq is mirrored running 1080p.

Without any system changes this is no longer the case. I cannot choose to duplicate the main display at all. The option isnt available. The ONLY way I get this option to even show up in display settings or Nvidia control panel is to choose the wacom(lower resolution) as my main display which is mirrored to the bigger display but at the wacom's 1080p resolution. I read on other forum posts that when duplicating displays that they share the lowest resolution if the displays are different.

BUT ITS WORKED FLAWLESSLY FOR YEARS AS I MENTIONED ABOVE!? I dont want to work on a 30" monitor at 1080p just so that duplicate screen will work. So The question is, has anyone else experienced this where they successfully are able to duplicate screens at different resolutions?

nas g, Jun 9, 2024
  4. Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jun 9, 2024
Thema:

Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

1. Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do... - Similar Threads - Secondary Monitor Project

2. Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...: I have what appears to be a freaky situation. However, since I've duplicated the issue on two HP laptops 1. WIN 10 & 1. WIN 11, then maybe there is "settings" issue? I hope you have some insight. Scenario: NOTE: ALL MY DRIVERS ARE UPDATED - Monitor has been Deleted Device Mgr...
  3. Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary Monitor Project: Duplicate Screen Option Does Not Work, but All other Options Do...: I have what appears to be a freaky situation. However, since I've duplicated the issue on two HP laptops 1. WIN 10 & 1. WIN 11, then maybe there is "settings" issue? I hope you have some insight. Scenario: NOTE: ALL MY DRIVERS ARE UPDATED - Monitor has been Deleted Device Mgr...
  4. Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.: I have a duel monitor setup. I have a monitor running at 2560x1440main monitor. I have a monitor to the right running at 1920x1080secondary.I have a wacom cintiq which runs at 1920x1080 that I use from time to time. Up until a few days ago I had it set up so that when I...
  5. Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.: I have a duel monitor setup. I have a monitor running at 2560x1440main monitor. I have a monitor to the right running at 1920x1080secondary.I have a wacom cintiq which runs at 1920x1080 that I use from time to time. Up until a few days ago I had it set up so that when I...
  6. Duplicate monitors with different resolutions no longer working/an option.

7. Duplicate sign -in option

Duplicate sign -in option: Help. I have inadvertently created a second profile /sign in possibility same nameon my start-up screen. It doesn't allow me to log on to the second profile but cannot find it to delete. It doesn't appear in other users or family profile.Can anyone advise.Thanky ou...
  8. Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor: Screenshot of the problem : https://imgur.com/a/JW8jwb6 I don't know when or how this bug has happened, but it's now annoying to try to write in french since the language input is no longer available. I've restarted my PC with no luck. EDIT : Since I have duo-monitor...
  9. No option for Action Centre Notifications on a Secondary Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option for Action Centre Notifications on a Secondary Screen?: I would like to change the Action Centre notifications so that they pop up on my secondary screen instead of cluttering the space on the primary screen. The most common suggestion I see in old forum threads is unlocking the taskbar and moving the Action Centre icon to the...
  10. Duplicate Sign-in options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate Sign-in options: When I try to sign in after a re-start there are 2 of me, one of which says my password is incorrect (there isn't one at all) and then requires I amend my user name (adding my surname) to sign in, both get to exactly the same place and there are only 2 users in the system -...