Windows 10: Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

Discus and support Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RenjithRajendran, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions given in online communities, not helping.My laptop has Intel iRis graphics and used Intel Graphics command center. When the monitor is selected, I have only one option in Scaling setting, which is 'Maintain Display Scaling'.Please help.

:)

RenjithRajendran, Oct 23, 2021
  2. easy2129 Win User

Using a TV as a monitor, the edges of the screen are cut off. How can I make it fit properly?

I use my TV(Panasonic Viera) as a monitor, with the resolution being 1920 x 1080. When I upgraded to Windows 10, the edges of the screen became cut off. Prior to upgrading, the display settings box would list the monitor as "Panasonic Viera", but now it
    says "Generic PnP". Is there an adjustment I can make to get it to fit?

easy2129, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Unable to interact with the content on the secondary monitor

I have three monitors plugged into a evga GTX 1060 ACX 2.0, the system is running latest Windows 10 pro.

Every night I put the computer to sleep. Occasionally, and more frequently the past week, I wake the computer in the morning to find very strange behavior:

• Whatever monitor is my main display works perfectly
    • Secondary monitors turn on and show the last content they had (any open browsers, programs, etc)
    • I can move my mouse into the secondary screens and see it moving around just fine
    • When I click or do any kind of interaction on those screen, the visuals do not update (again, mouse around moving is fine)
      • Click a window, the window focus never shows; scroll or press a button on a website, doesn't show any changes; click the Windows button, menu doesn't open
    • However, I can still interact with the screens despite not being able to see what I'm changing
      • Drag a window off the screen and it magically appears on the main display; press the 1-Click buy on an Amazon item, receive it 2-5 business days later
    • Changing the main display changes the screen I can interact with
    • Mucking with the resolution of the secondary monitors does not fix the issue but it does update their visuals
    • Display driver details:
      • Date: 2018-11-12
      • Version: 25.21.14.1694
    • I am in the process of downloading NVidia 2019 drivers to see if that helps

The only fix I've found so far (with my limited experience debugging display issues) is restarting the computer. Help!

***Modified title from: Secondary display content is frozen, can still see mouse and "interact" with frozen windows***

sean.hudson, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Serenova Win User

Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

Monitor cut off at very edge

I already tried adjusting the resolution in the Nvidia control panel. All that got me was a squashed monitor and the edges still cut off when the program is fullscreened. It's like there's a section of pixels that are just.... in limbo between the monitors.

Serenova, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

1. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges - Similar Threads - Secondary Monitor Screen

2. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  3. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  4. External Monitor Display is Cut Off on All Edges

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor Display is Cut Off on All Edges: I have extended my Surface Windows 10 display to an external HD TV monitor but all 4 edges are cut off as if a picture was too big for its frame. My mouse can go off screen to these hidden edges but this is a major inconvenience not being able to maximize windows properly...
  5. Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen: MSFT Edge cuts off the top part of the screen for some pages of course the ones I need. I have tried the Control + Shift + Windows + B and that only makes a ping sound without resolving the issue. Help appreciated...
  6. Complete screen is "zoomed in" and the edges are all cut off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complete screen is "zoomed in" and the edges are all cut off?: Hello, everyone, After the new Windows Update my complete desktop is a bit "rangezoomed". The taskbar is cut in half and the shortcuts and apps on the sides are also partly cut off. With games it is the same, everything on the edges is cut off. What can I do now? The zoom...
  7. Windows 10, clean install, cuts off edges on my monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, clean install, cuts off edges on my monitor: Only half the task bar is showing, and the left and right sides are also cut off. When it first went through installation it was not like this, then it flickered and is this crap now. I tried updating the display driver, already up to date. Tried uninstalling and rebooting...
  8. Monitor cut off at very edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor cut off at very edge: So I'm using a second monitor with my Win10 laptop. I have the 64-bit OS and I just received the laptop brand new on May 18. When I have a window completely covering the desktop, I've noticed that the edges are cut off slightly. I've already tried changing the output to...
  9. ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen: My system is ViewSonic VA2037 Series; Monitor: Recommended Resolution - 1600x900; HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033w. My monitor doesn’t work as expected. It cuts off the screen when I go to the settings and set the Recommended resolution. I get the screen right and left sides...
  10. Monitor keeps cutting off and on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor keeps cutting off and on: Ryzen 5 2400G (3.60 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz 1 TB HDD 120 GB SSD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Hello, I have been having monitor problems ever since I hooked up my second monitor. My primary is HDMI, and the second - Yiynova MSP19U a pen tablet...