Windows 10: Secondary monitor stops working after every restart

Discus and support Secondary monitor stops working after every restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello experts. Please help me out. I have latest Win10 updates and latest Nvidia driver 461.09. I have Gforce GTX 650 on Windows 10 Pro N 64bit. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarianMayo, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Secondary monitor stops working after every restart

Hello experts. Please help me out.

I have latest Win10 updates and latest Nvidia driver 461.09.

I have Gforce GTX 650 on Windows 10 Pro N 64bit.

My second monitor only works when I reinstall the gforce driver. Once I shutdown or reboot It stops working.

I can see the second "analog monitor" in the nvidia control panel but don't see it in widows anywhere.

But I am not able to make it work in the nvidia control panel.

Please help!

Thank you

Marian

:)

MarianMayo, Jan 27, 2021

2. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Unable to interact with the content on the secondary monitor

I have three monitors plugged into a evga GTX 1060 ACX 2.0, the system is running latest Windows 10 pro.

Every night I put the computer to sleep. Occasionally, and more frequently the past week, I wake the computer in the morning to find very strange behavior:

• Whatever monitor is my main display works perfectly
    • Secondary monitors turn on and show the last content they had (any open browsers, programs, etc)
    • I can move my mouse into the secondary screens and see it moving around just fine
    • When I click or do any kind of interaction on those screen, the visuals do not update (again, mouse around moving is fine)
      • Click a window, the window focus never shows; scroll or press a button on a website, doesn't show any changes; click the Windows button, menu doesn't open
    • However, I can still interact with the screens despite not being able to see what I'm changing
      • Drag a window off the screen and it magically appears on the main display; press the 1-Click buy on an Amazon item, receive it 2-5 business days later
    • Changing the main display changes the screen I can interact with
    • Mucking with the resolution of the secondary monitors does not fix the issue but it does update their visuals
    • Display driver details:
      • Date: 2018-11-12
      • Version: 25.21.14.1694
    • I am in the process of downloading NVidia 2019 drivers to see if that helps

The only fix I've found so far (with my limited experience debugging display issues) is restarting the computer. Help!

***Modified title from: Secondary display content is frozen, can still see mouse and "interact" with frozen windows***

sean.hudson, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Secondary monitor stops working after every restart

Repositioning app window on dual monitor, Windows 10

Hi Dreed,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Launch Skype.
    2. Drag the Skype Window to secondary monitor.
    3. Resize the window as per your preference.
    4. Maximize the Window and Restore Down.
    5. Then close the skype window in secondary monitor.
    6. Then try re-launching and check if the issue resolves.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Secondary monitor stops working after every restart

1. Secondary monitor stops working after every restart - Similar Threads - Secondary monitor stops

2. Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working: My speakers, that work on RealtekR Audio, stop working every so often and after every restart/shutdown and startup. I can temp fix this by uninstalling the driver and removing the device from Device Manager and then scanning for hardware changes. When I do that the speakers...
  3. Toolbar on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbar on secondary monitor: This is the same question that GrandPheonix has asked.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-on-secondary-monitor/e00b197a-1143-4207-b0be-618ee4986eccIs there a way to either change this in any of the windows settings or does this have to be coded into...
  4. Computer stopped working after restarting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stopped working after restarting it: My windows 10 computer has this issue where I am unable to run any programs and use the windows menu on the bottom left. I’m basically unable to do anything as when I run a program my cursor will have the spinning blue circle and it will infinitely load and when I try to do...
  5. WiFi Adapter will not work after every restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter will not work after every restart: Hi I recently started encountering this problem where my brand new wifi adapter will not work every time i start up the PC. It will only work if i unplug the main power cable to my desktop, plug it back in and then it will start working. I have done the following: 1 Used...
  6. Laptop stops recognizing monitor every time laptop restarts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stops recognizing monitor every time laptop restarts.: Hi all, I have been having this issue for a few month ever since I got a monitor for my desk. It seems that every time my laptop restarts, it doesn’t recognize the monitor. After hours of troubleshooting each time, I eventually have solved the issue by updating drivers,...
  7. TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep: Hello there, firtly its first time i tried an TV as secondary monitor, so i trying to understand if its supposed to work like that. I have an Acer monitor as Main, attached to discrete GTX770 HDMI, and using TV as secondary, attached to Intel iGPU HDMI. The problem just...
  8. TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    TV as secondary monitor dont work after sleep: Hello there, firtly its first time i tried an TV as secondary monitor, so i trying to understand if its supposed to work like that. I have an Acer monitor as Main, attached to discrete GTX770 HDMI, and using TV as secondary, attached to Intel iGPU HDMI. The problem just...
  9. Secondary Monitor Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary Monitor Blurry: Any secondary monitor connected to this new laptop is blurry. I have tried several work-arounds (scaling adjustments) but nothing has improved the second monitor. even i followed the below link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps....
  10. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...