Windows 10: Secondary password for Windows login

Discus and support Secondary password for Windows login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to create a windows login password that isn't the same as my account password. I mean what if i someone needed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WoolierSphinx99, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Secondary password for Windows login

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a windows login password that isn't the same as my account password. I mean what if i someone needed to use my PC, i would need to give him my password, and that is practically giving him access to all of my Microsoft ecosystem. I know that windows have a PIN option but it would still be nice to have a password for logging into windows that is different from the one you use for accessing your account.

:)

WoolierSphinx99, Sep 28, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Secondary password for Windows login

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Secondary password for Windows login

1. Secondary password for Windows login - Similar Threads - Secondary password login

2. Windows login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows login password: Hi, post the recent update, I am unable to login to my laptop. Prior the update, I used to login with the PIN. However, now I don't get the option to sign in with the PIN. It asks me to login with my Microsoft password, which doesn't work despite inputting the correct...
  3. Forgot Password for Secondary User

Forgot Password for Secondary User: I have a Windows 10 Operating System and I have a secondary user account set up on my computer. However, it's been more than a year since I logged into that account and I cannot remember the password. I've checked everywhere to locate instructions on how to reset the...
  4. Windows Login Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Login Password: I have changed my windows login password yesterday. I forgot my password for windows login. How to retrieve the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-password/ac96a24e-0dba-4a51-a5fa-716131122065
  5. login password for windows

login password for windows: forgot log in password for windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password-for-windows/d50dcc64-9a7b-4ecb-a9a7-0651a908f973"
  6. Windows Login Password

Windows Login Password: Hello! I have a problem. I forgot my password that helps me log into my laptop. I have been trying to use the hint but it is no help at all. I have not created a password reset disk at all as well. Is there a way that I could recover my password without losing any of my data...
  7. Windows login password

Windows login password: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my home computer & then updated my passwords for my Microsoft accounts. Now in order to finish the changes it is asking me for the password used to login to Windows on this device? It wont allow me to use my Microsoft account password &...
  8. Password access to a secondary machine

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password access to a secondary machine: Lock screen won't let me log on and I have used current and old passwords to log in, none have worked. The machine I'm referring to is one that I do not access very often but it is still listed on my account devices. Is there any way short of creating yet another password...
  9. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  10. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...