Windows 10: Secondary Screen In portrait mode minimizes applications when main display is on full screen

Discus and support Secondary Screen In portrait mode minimizes applications when main display is on full screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My secondary display which is set on portrait mode always minimizes the applications displayed on it whenever the main display landscape mode is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cxzcxzcxz, May 7, 2021.

1. cxzcxzcxz Win User

Secondary Screen In portrait mode minimizes applications when main display is on full screen

My secondary display which is set on portrait mode always minimizes the applications displayed on it whenever the main display landscape mode is launching a game in full-screen mode.This only happens when the secondary display is on portrait. If it is on landscape, the application wouldn't be minimized.Is there any way I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance

:)

cxzcxzcxz, May 7, 2021

2. I changed landscape to portrait in display menu. However, the resulted portrait mode was flipped.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you selecting the option as ‘portrait’ or ‘portrait flipped’ in display option?

I suggest you to press “ctrl+alt+arrow” keys to change the screen display and check if it helps.

I request you to provide us the screen shot of the blue screen so that we can check in detail and help you further on this issue.

Take a screen capture (print your screen)

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 7, 2021
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, May 7, 2021
  4. RYU
    Ryu Win User

Secondary Screen In portrait mode minimizes applications when main display is on full screen

Running fullscreen applications on Win10 Tablet halfscreen portrait

As shown on the image below, my laptop/tablet is running Warcraft 3 perfectly fine, except for the fact that it is in portrait mode while the display settings is locked to landscape mode... I have a Cubix Morph tablet running Windows 10. I tried locking the display settings already but to no avail. Also, when the tablet boots, it is also in portrait mode despite me holding it in landscape mode. How do I fix this? Please help.

BTW, this issue is not strictly on Warcraft only, it is the same with Windows executable programs that natively runs on full screen mode.

Secondary Screen In portrait mode minimizes applications when main display is on full screen [​IMG]

Secondary Screen In portrait mode minimizes applications when main display is on full screen [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Secondary Screen In portrait mode minimizes applications when main display is on full screen - Similar Threads - Secondary Screen portrait

2. full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application: I have an issue, as many of us duel monitor users do, most of us being gamers. I have Windows 11, although I think this was an issue in 10 as well. Obviously it wasn't fixed in the update. This question was asked before in 2020 with an answer of "This is not actually a...
  3. full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application: I have an issue, as many of us duel monitor users do, most of us being gamers. I have Windows 11, although I think this was an issue in 10 as well. Obviously it wasn't fixed in the update. This question was asked before in 2020 with an answer of "This is not actually a...
  4. programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd: file explorer folders keep crashing or exiting when minimized random folders not specific and so does mozilla firefox ive uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure it wasnt firefox also im get CTD issues with one of my games my drivers are all up-to-date and i have the latest...
  5. programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd: file explorer folders keep crashing or exiting when minimized random folders not specific and so does mozilla firefox ive uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure it wasnt firefox also im get CTD issues with one of my games my drivers are all up-to-date and i have the latest...
  6. Low Battery Warning minimizes any full screen application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low Battery Warning minimizes any full screen application: I don't know if this is the right subreddit to put this question on, but its getting kind of annoying already, not just games but any maximized app. Is there any fix for this? I dont know if i would put this in the mildly infuriating subreddit lol. submitted by /u/SemiEmmy...
  7. Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?: I use a dual monitor setup, and would like to dedicate one monitor to display applications in full screen mode, while using the other to manage other applications I'm using. I would expect that an application being used in full screen mode should should take priority of...
  8. Random Minimizes in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Minimizes in Full Screen: Hi guys, In the last week i've been through random minimizes while in full screen (Movies,Clips,Games Etc.) I tried checking for malware, there wasn't any malware. I also tried to format my pc, still same issue. Anyone knows a solution? Thanks! submitted by /u/Ofeku1...
  9. Full Screen Apps Minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full Screen Apps Minimizing: I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?...
  10. Two error codes minimizes full screen applications (games)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two error codes minimizes full screen applications (games): Ever since I installed windows 10 on this new computer, I have been getting two error codes during gaming and they always seem to minimize my game at the worst moments. The two codes read "Error! Error decompressing win32ui.pyd" and "Error -3 from inflate: incorrect data...