Windows 10: Secondary sounds options disappeared?

Discus and support Secondary sounds options disappeared? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I was on Windows 7 I had 2 playback devices in my list. The first one was for my headphones which are plugged into the back of my computer and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Killyourpride, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Secondary sounds options disappeared?

When I was on Windows 7 I had 2 playback devices in my list. The first one was for my headphones which are plugged into the back of my computer and the second for my external speakers with are plugged into the slots at the front.
    I now for some reason only have one playback device listed for my headphones at the back. I can plug the speakers into the back and they work just fine but I cannot get them to work through the slot in the front which currently forces me to unplug my headphones every time I want to use my speakers.

Please can someone offer some insight into how I can get them both showing as it worked fine under Windows 7 and I really don't want to roll-back just for this problem. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Killyourpride, Jul 27, 2016
  2. jsgt8 Win User

Intermitent sound problem with Nokia Lumia 925

My Nokia Lumia 925 is having sound problems off and on. The speaker phone, ring & alarm sounds work consistently but the ringtone previews, text alerts, game sounds, video sounds don't work more often then they do.

It's a weird problem because the important sounds work and it is the secondary sound that is spotty. Is there separate hardware for secondary sound that might be failing or is it a software problem I can fix?

Thanks

jsgt8, Jul 27, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    isue with bug from lumia 930

This sounds like your secondary microphone might be faulty, have it checked out at an authorised repair facility.

93tid, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

Secondary sounds options disappeared?

1. Secondary sounds options disappeared? - Similar Threads - Secondary sounds options

2. Wifi option disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option disappeared: The wifi button disappeared from my navigation bar and I have attempted to troubleshot, restart computer, nothing works. I have tried some solutions found on this forum but no luck either. In the device manager windows logo+x my network adapter shows an error. The name of the...
  3. Wifi option disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option disappeared: The option to turn on/connect to wifi has disappeared. I followed instructions below another question like this and uninstalled my adapter. When the computer restarted, the adapter did not reappear. Please help...
  4. Wifi option disappeared

Wifi option disappeared: The option to turn on/connect to wifi has disappeared. I followed instructions below another question like this and uninstalled my adapter. When the computer restarted, the adapter did not reappear. Please help...
  5. Wifi option Disappears

Wifi option Disappears: The Wifi option suddenly disappears from everywhere. I can't enable it from settings or control panel. I have to shutdown/restart for it to come again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-option-disappears/ad5958c9-caa0-4ca3-ba34-bf06fd7344b4
  6. The sleep option disappeared

The sleep option disappeared: Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing...
  7. sound options

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound options: must you choose either internal audio or headphone jack output.prior upgrades allowed either with auto switching to headphones when the plug was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-options/19c53a56-6bde-4bb0-9445-3398f817e75e
  8. Sound disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound disappeared: Hello! Today I got new unpleasant surprise - the sound disappeared. I didn't do anything unusual today, in the evening installed PCloud and then uninstalled it. I restarted the PC but the sound didn't appear. Everything seems ok in Device Manager. In Winamp the songs don't...
  9. Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared: I just installed a new SSD into my computer but now my surround sound soundbar doesn't work. I have my tv hooked to my computer through hdmi. My soundbar hooked to my computer through hdmi. They are both hooked through my 1080ti graphics card. Before today, I could have my...
  10. Removal of secondary Boot option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removal of secondary Boot option?: Hi guys. I started my journey here with a compatibility issue of a program after a windows update. I was told to use a Bootable USB and recreate windows due to my computer being unable to perform a system restore. In the process, a secondary OS was created on my D storage...