Windows 10: Secondary tab not opening up

Discus and support Secondary tab not opening up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may be a simple fix but I'm struggling with it and it's becoming annoying. I can open an program etc in window 10 but when I open a new tab though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gussy, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Gussy Win User

Secondary tab not opening up

This may be a simple fix but I'm struggling with it and it's becoming annoying. I can open an program etc in window 10 but when I open a new tab though that program I cannot see it or restore it. An example is when I open teamspeak and go to bookmarks and edit bookmarks it will open an other window. I can see this new window on the task bar at the bottom. When I mouse over it and try to restore it by clicking maximize it or any other button it seem to do nothing. I am unable to access this other tab/window and enter any information. I'm not sure what has happen or if I've done something but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Gussy, Nov 21, 2015

2. How to open the Start Menu (with Windows key) on the same screen as active window in Windows 10?

This is still a bug with an up to date copy of Windows 10.

Start menu only opens on primary monitor when windows key is pressed.

Interestingly, if the menu is opened on the secondary screen by clicking the start menu button, it'll open on the secondary monitor. But as soon as you start typing in the search box, the start menu will switch onto the primary monitor.

Firerouge42, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Windows Account Not Syncing Error

Have you tried deleting your secondary account and then opening again. Further to my reply earlier, i have completely sorted my issues now and all back to normal for a few days now.

I deleted my secondary account, turned all my syncing off, then turned all back on again leaving the text back up off and opened secondary account.

Just to add for info my server is dub406-m.hotmail.com.

charlieboy2405, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Secondary tab not opening up

1. Secondary tab not opening up - Similar Threads - Secondary tab opening

2. Secondary drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary drive not showing up: I installed a secondary SSD into my Ideapad gaming 5 laptop and set it up properly but upon restart it would show up about half the time in bios but would not appear in device manager or disk management. is there any way to fix this that doesn't involve me reinstalling...
  3. Secondary drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary drive not showing up: I installed a secondary SSD into my Ideapad gaming 5 laptop and set it up properly but upon restart it would show up about half the time in bios but would not appear in device manager or disk management. is there any way to fix this that doesn't involve me reinstalling...
  4. Why my tabs open up weirdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my tabs open up weirdly: Hello,I keep on finding myself in an annoying situation, where I may open an executable on my Windows 11 laptop, and the maximise, minimise, and close buttons are hidden from view. It doesn't open in fullscreen view and has those buttons beyond the reach of the mouse. Can...
  5. Why my tabs open up weirdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my tabs open up weirdly: Hello,I keep on finding myself in an annoying situation, where I may open an executable on my Windows 11 laptop, and the maximise, minimise, and close buttons are hidden from view. It doesn't open in fullscreen view and has those buttons beyond the reach of the mouse. Can...
  6. keyboard keys opening up tabs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard keys opening up tabs?: so recently i've been getting this strange problem where if i were to press shift + any key or ctrl + any key, it would open up a browser tab. it would do that with google so i thought it was just a google problem so i uninstalled google but it happens with microsoft as well....
  7. Apps and tabs opening on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps and tabs opening on start up: I've searched for an answer to how to make shutdown close all tabs and processes or to just not have my tabs open on startup. After a certain windows update, my tabs still open back up after I shut down and the community answer is to literally create an app that closes...
  8. Tab not opening on FaceBook

in Browsers and Email
    Tab not opening on FaceBook: My wife needs help beyond my ability ! So when she is on face book and wants to open any game she has saved in her favorites she right clicks the game and opens it in another tab, as you see in the 2nd tab it does not open. Flash player is set to allow so that's not the...
  9. Secondary email account not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Secondary email account not opening: I have two main email accounts one Hotmail and one with my ISP. Now I have set up a folder in settings and via the Outlook page but it shows no messages and I know there will be messages there because it is the back up email in case I have to redo my Microsoft account. Now...
  10. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...