Windows 10: Seconds screen stuttering on 1809

Discus and support Seconds screen stuttering on 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I'm playing a game on one monitor, any video (twitch, youtube, netflix) that is running on my second monitor will stutter or pause for a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chefdementia, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Seconds screen stuttering on 1809

When I'm playing a game on one monitor, any video (twitch, youtube, netflix) that is running on my second monitor will stutter or pause for a couple seconds and then play all the missing frames real fast. After it does that the video will run a a very low frame rate. This only happens after the 1809 update. Is there a fix for this or should i just go back to 1803?

:)

chefdementia, Feb 11, 2019

2. Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 stutters every 2 seconds

Hi,

Usually, when a hardware is not working as it used to, the first thing we can look at is the drivers related to its graphics and display. It can either be outdated or incompatible that is why the display stutters. For better assistance, please answer the
    following questions.

• Does the screen still flicker when you open Task Manager?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? You may check it by following these steps: Press
      Windows key + R, type "winver" and hit
      Enter

At the same time, you can update the drivers of your device by following the steps provided in this

article

We'll be waiting for your update.

Dennis Mop, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Rohn007 Win User

Seconds screen stuttering on 1809

stuttering every few seconds.

It dpends on what type of "stutter" you are having. I took it to mean that your system would "hang" (stop working) for a moment. But your second description suggests you think it is electrical. If it appears to be a electrical problem, then maybe it is
    something lose. The obvious thing would be to check is the electrical cord. Unplug and replug both ends.

Rohn007, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Seconds screen stuttering on 1809

1. Seconds screen stuttering on 1809 - Similar Threads - Seconds screen stuttering

2. Second display constantly stuttering/turning on and off in Windows' 'Second Screen Only'...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display constantly stuttering/turning on and off in Windows' 'Second Screen Only'...: I have been having this issue in Windows both 10 and 11 Professional for years where setting the projection settings to “Second screen only” results in the second display constantly turning on and off and/or stuttering dependent on video card, it seems. It looks like...
  3. Second display constantly stuttering/turning on and off in Windows' 'Second Screen Only'...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second display constantly stuttering/turning on and off in Windows' 'Second Screen Only'...: I have been having this issue in Windows both 10 and 11 Professional for years where setting the projection settings to “Second screen only” results in the second display constantly turning on and off and/or stuttering dependent on video card, it seems. It looks like...
  4. Second monitor causes Mouse to stutter around the screen when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor causes Mouse to stutter around the screen when turned on: Just got back from my holiday and haven't touched my PC in at least 3 weeks. When I came back, my mouse started to stutter around the screen.I found out this only happened when my second monitor wasn't switched on.The only thing that's changed is when I came back I updated...
  5. Win10 lag/stuttering every second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 lag/stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  6. Constant stuttering every second

Constant stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  7. constant stutter every 10 seconds

constant stutter every 10 seconds: getting a constant system stutter every 6 seconds. mouse pauses, anything running pauses for half a second constantly just re installed windows 10 to an older dell inspirion 15 laptop. also replaced hard drive, memory card and battery. when ran diagnostic and getting this...
  8. WIN10: Stuttering on "Second screen only" mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIN10: Stuttering on "Second screen only" mode: Hi, everyone. My laptop is MSI GS65 with 144hz internal display and 1070MaxQ graphics card. So, I've decided to use an 144hz monitor and it's quite good despite some manor WIN10 issues: "Duplicate", "Extend" and "PC screen only" are working excellent - 144hz, no stuttering....
  9. Video Stutters/No Audio When Connected to a Second Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Stutters/No Audio When Connected to a Second Screen: Hello. I'm having this problem on a new Alienware. First off I'd just like to say I hate it. I hate Dell, their products and their customer service. They suck. On this new Alienware, Windows 10 OS, almost everything works great. My screen flashes black and sometimes stays...
  10. Stutter every two seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stutter every two seconds: My computer sometimes starts to--every two seconds--stutter for like a split second no matter what I'm doing. This is the entire desktop and it goes right over into making videos and games stutter like that, making things unplayable and videos a headache to watch. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuttering second screen only

2. windows 10 stutter 1809

3. why is my second screen shuttering on my project pc

4. windows 1809 stottering,
  5. Windows 10 erro log srt/srttrail