Windows 10: Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I purchased "Secret Neighbours" for my son; payment went through without issues.When we click on "install" from the store/app, nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HarryGalanos, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store

Hello,I purchased "Secret Neighbours" for my son; payment went through without issues.When we click on "install" from the store/app, nothing happens. The button is available not greyed out but nothing happens when we press it. The game doesn't download/install.The PC significantly exceeds all the min specs as he has the latest version of Windows 10 with all the latest updates just checked it. GeForce 1030 and 16 GB RAM with Intel i7 proc.Any ideas as to what the problem is? Other apps do download when I click install. Thanks.

:)

HarryGalanos, Jul 11, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers
    to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?

• Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile,
    we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step
    1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows
    Logo Key + R
    to open the Run
    dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and
    then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and
    check, refer this article to create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Marsh_24 Win User

Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store

Microsoft game Hello Neighbour won't work after a week

Hi This is the first time we have bought a game from the Microsoft store. We bought Hello Neighbour and my son was able to play the game for a week on his new PC which runs windows 10. It now won't load and is stuck on the opening page and won't do
    anything. We have tried running the Microsoft app troubleshooter and this didn't help. We have also uninstalled it and installed it and this didn't help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Marsh_24, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store

1. Secret Neighbours will not install from the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Secret Neighbours install

2. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  3. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  4. Microsoft Store preventing installer from installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store preventing installer from installing: I recently got a new computer, an HP Laptop with Windows 11, and I'm immediately running into a problem. I've been trying to install Steam to continue playing my games, but when I try to run the official installer, I get this message from a Microsoft Store pop-up: "The app...
  5. Microsoft Store preventing installer from installing

Microsoft Store preventing installer from installing: I recently got a new computer, an HP Laptop with Windows 11, and I'm immediately running into a problem. I've been trying to install Steam to continue playing my games, but when I try to run the official installer, I get this message from a Microsoft Store pop-up: "The app...
  6. Does The Secretive Invention By Microsoft Exist?

Does The Secretive Invention By Microsoft Exist?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I explored in further websites and in one random website I found ?, somebody mentioned that Microsoft already has a secretive invention not declared to the public, and also mentioned Microsoft are planning to invest in other secretive invention/s...
  7. Install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Install apps from Microsoft Store: On my other laptop i downloaded some apps and i want to know since I am using the same acct for both laptops, will those apps be on the other laptop as well or do i need to download them on the 2nd laptop? ***Original Title: microsoft apps***...
  8. Installing a game from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a game from Microsoft Store: Yesterday I bought and redeemed a key for the "Age of Empires 2" game. After using the code, I was redirected to Microsoft Store, where I searched for the game. It said "You own this game" and I clicked on the "Install" option. The install started and stopped after 1 second,...
  9. What's the secret to installing/updating apps from the Microsoft Store?

What's the secret to installing/updating apps from the Microsoft Store?: I am unable to do anything useful at the Microsoft store. I went there to get an app advertised elsewhere and over the past five days, I've been unable to get any further than "Downloading" I saw a notification that there were 15 updates waiting for me so I was curious....
  10. install apps from microsoft store

install apps from microsoft store: I was asked to log in via logmein last night. I was given a case number. The issue was not resolved. I am still only able to install from the microsoft store but not download. They advised I download windows 1803, which I have now done. The problem hasn't been resolved....