Windows 10: Secure access to church WiFi

Discus and support Secure access to church WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have setup a WiFi network in our local church, mainly to provide on-line access to Hive heating. Much easier to set times from home than have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sigurd, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

Secure access to church WiFi

I have setup a WiFi network in our local church, mainly to provide on-line access to Hive heating. Much easier to set times from home than have to go down to program church and hall heating as needed.
    We are now being asked to grant access by various people - all for good reason. But I know what people are like with passwords - half the congregation now seem to know the codes to the door lock and alarm!

Can someone point me to a simple (and cheap!) way of setting up limited and restricted access please?

:)

Sigurd, Oct 26, 2019

2. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Oct 26, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Secure access to church WiFi

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Secure access to church WiFi

1. Secure access to church WiFi - Similar Threads - Secure access church

2. Windows WiFi connected but No Internet Access - "No internet , secured"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows WiFi connected but No Internet Access - "No internet , secured": When you experiece this problem "No internet , secured" showing after you connected to a WiFi or Hotspot network outside your office, run through the below steps to make sure your IP and DNS assignments are enabled for DHCP and NOT Static. 1. Right click on the network...
  3. Windows WiFi connected but No Internet Access - "No internet , secured"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows WiFi connected but No Internet Access - "No internet , secured": When you experiece this problem "No internet , secured" showing after you connected to a WiFi or Hotspot network outside your office, run through the below steps to make sure your IP and DNS assignments are enabled for DHCP and NOT Static. 1. Right click on the network...
  4. Zoom and Church organ sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoom and Church organ sound: We have a Church organ linked in to our stagecraft 8 channel mixer. Unfortunately the sound isn’t being transmitted when we zoom. We had a similar problem with the congregation singing but seem to have resolved this using a boundary microphone this needs to be confirmed at...
  5. Zoom and Church organ sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zoom and Church organ sound: We have a Church organ linked in to our stagecraft 8 channel mixer. Unfortunately the sound isn’t being transmitted when we zoom. We had a similar problem with the congregation singing but seem to have resolved this using a boundary microphone this needs to be confirmed at...
  6. Individual area access to church buildings WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Individual area access to church buildings WiFi: The local church has WiFi coverage to the main building and via repeaters to the two halls. The setup is the main modem/hub (BT) in the church on a pillar giving good WiFi coverage to almost everywhere in the church itself. A cable connection goes via repeater to the halls -...
  7. WiFi Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WiFi Security: I'm running Windows 10. I'm using a DLink DIR-1935 Router for WiFi. This router has a default security protocol setting of "WPA/WPA-Personal", which translates to WPATPIK and WPA2AES. DLink has explained to me that both protocols are on at the same time or are at least...
  8. Wifi security

Wifi security: I keep getting prompted by Microsoft that my wifi network security is an older version that is not safe. I have WPA-2 security, which, as I understand, is one of the newer, safe versions. Why am I getting this prompt?...
  9. Setting up a live stream for church

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up a live stream for church: As church services are cancelled I am setting up a live streaming system for the local church using an embedded YouTube video in the church's web site. This works OK on the trial home setup - webcam and a microphone plugged in by USB into my PC. Problem is that I can't get it...
  10. securing wifi

securing wifi: who is using my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securing-wifi/3f961a92-a282-40d7-937e-90595122fb6e"