Windows 10: Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

Discus and support Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So is Remote Desktop not safe to use with Spectre and Meltdown? i think to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my phone at times for General updating,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

So is Remote Desktop not safe to use with Spectre and Meltdown? i think to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my phone at times for General updating, and maintenance sometimes at night, if not safe then i learned something also from this thread

AMDMan2016, Feb 8, 2018

2. Hi,
    Remote access is one of the security holes it should be disabled.

ThrashZone, Feb 8, 2018
  3. Ok disabling right away, thank you for replying so fast

AMDMan2016, Feb 8, 2018
  4. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

Disable EVERYTHING related to "Remote" including Windows Remote Assistance, even when not planning to remote into any other systems internally or externally. Rule of thumb, when you see anything with the word remote, disable it.

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

1. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates? - Similar Threads - Secure Boot UEFI

2. System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable: HOW I change bios mode legacy to UEFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-firmware-uefi-secure-boot-capable/66df8b0f-a1ec-4f13-9a11-418c30280efd
  3. UEFI Secure boot

UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  4. Windows 11 requirement = System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 11 requirement = System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable: Hii My Dell laptop has the BIOS as legacy and Secure Boot mode as unsupported when I checked it by using the command msinfo32. I wanted to make my laptops BIOS as UEFI and secure boot enabled as it is one of the criteria for Windows 11. Can...
  5. How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware

in Windows 10 News
    How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time you need to reboot into the computer firmware, i.e., UEFI or BIOS. If your hardware keys are failing to boot you into BIOS or UEFI, you will need to do this. In this post, I will share [...] This post How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS...
  6. UEFI Secure Boot questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Secure Boot questions: My laptop has Windows 10 with Secure Boot enabled in my UEFI firmware setting and my question is, can Secure Boot still protect booting from a malicious OS or tool (from a bootable USB stick) even when using the F12 Boot Menu Options prompt? I have a Dell laptop, which uses...
  7. UEFI with secure boot disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  8. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...
  9. Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue

Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue: [img] Any suggestions?? 4734
  10. uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update

uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update: Says that uefi firmware isn't supported when trying to upgrade https://i.imgur.com/iOsdbgO.png here is my disk management, what am i supposed to do? https://i.imgur.com/UX1qkeT.png 64005