Windows 10: Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607

Discus and support Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to configure Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607. I understand that they can be on Windows 10 version 1703 or later, but we are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by -KELLY-, Jan 7, 2019.

1. -KELLY- Win User

Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607

I need to configure Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607. I understand that they can be on Windows 10 version 1703 or later, but we are not allowed to upgrade Windows 10 version 1607 due to our local policy for now. I have been looking for if there is any way to have secure boot and UEFI on version 1607. I thought MBR2GPT.exe is the one, and I have read the below article, but I am still not sure, because there is no MBR2GPT found on my Win 10 box.

(Reference)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

Here are information of my current environment.

* (OS) Windows 10 Enterprise version 1607

* Current Disk partition style is MBR

* Current partitions are System Reserved, C drive, and HP_Tools.

* There is no MBR2GPT.exe existed under C:\Windows\system32

Any advice will be very appreciate it.

:)

-KELLY-, Jan 7, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jan 7, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

They don't have to, as Secure Boot is supposed to have the option to be disabled in the UEFI interface. Most of the free distros probably won't see Secure Boot support. However, enterprise supported version of linux, such as Red Hat and the others that see heavy use in the enterprise world, will be using Secure Boot for sure.

newtekie1, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Secure Boot and UEFI on Windows 10 Version 1607 - Similar Threads - Secure Boot UEFI

2. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  3. UEFI Secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  4. UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10: Hi, does protecting Windows 10 boot process from know attacks is by simply enabling Secure Boot option in UEFI settings in contrast to the long procedure to follow in GNU/Linux distributions to enable that security feature ? Thanks. submitted by /u/Spare_Prize1148 [link]...
  5. windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 version 1607: My computer has been in storage for awhile, When i got it out and turned it on it started updates automatically. My problem is I am on version 1607 and update is taking it to version 20h2.. The system is locking up and wont upgrade. Is there a need to upgrade in window...
  6. UEFI Secure Boot questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Secure Boot questions: My laptop has Windows 10 with Secure Boot enabled in my UEFI firmware setting and my question is, can Secure Boot still protect booting from a malicious OS or tool (from a bootable USB stick) even when using the F12 Boot Menu Options prompt? I have a Dell laptop, which uses...
  7. UEFI with secure boot disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  8. Windows 10, version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10, version 1607: After this update I have a Windows-Old folder, 17.6 gig. Can this folder be deleted? Happy with update and will not go back to 1511. 64037
  9. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...
  10. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios legacy to uefi windows 10 1607

2. windows 10 1607 wont upgrade due to uefi