Windows 10: Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

Discus and support Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Busda, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Busda Win User

Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an expert to help me.

:)

Busda, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 21, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

1. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS - Similar Threads - Secure Boot cause

2. Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS: Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after my computer started boot looping, i tried taking out the CMOS that didn't help, BIOS doesn't seem to be accessible, i even...
  3. Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS: Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after my computer started boot looping, i tried taking out the CMOS that didn't help, BIOS doesn't seem to be accessible, i even...
  4. Antivirus cause loop boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus cause loop boot: Today I downloaded Avira antivirus because my laptop was slower than usually and started full virus scan. After almost 2 hour long scan, antivirus found 3 unwanted files and sent them in quarantine. When I deleted those files from quarantine, antivirus wanted to restart...
  5. Antivirus cause loop boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus cause loop boot: Today I downloaded Avira antivirus because my laptop was slower than usually and started full virus scan. After almost 2 hour long scan, antivirus found 3 unwanted files and sent them in quarantine. When I deleted those files from quarantine, antivirus wanted to restart...
  6. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS: I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an...
  7. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS: I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an...
  8. Bios boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios boot loop: When trying to restart my computer after installing the newest updates, my monitors turned black. When this happened I tried turning it back on figuring it was done updating, but then I turned it off. When I turned it back on I was in uefi bios utility mode. Now whenever I...
  9. Slow boot caused by Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot caused by Secure Boot: I recently added an NVMe SSD to my laptop to use as the system drive. But boot was slow, averaging about 65 seconds from pushing the start button to the Windows desktop. Turning off Secure Boot got boot time down to about 24 seconds. Still not creating any records, but at...
  10. 1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS: I installed 1809 last week as an inplace-upgrade with the media creation tool. Installation went fine with no Problems, all files are there afterwards. I found one huge Problem: Every time i tried to wake the rig from Sleep it did a reboot instead of a wake! That caused me to...