Windows 10: Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

Discus and support Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by leeunwin1, Dec 27, 2021.

1. leeunwin1 Win User

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced start-up and going into UEFI Settings but my Bios is set to the hybric of legacy and uefi and i'm not sure if its safe to switch to eufi only as i've seen that if people dont have their drive on GPT which my Drive 0 is but I want windows 11 to be installed on my C: drive where 10 is installed which is MDR and im honestly not sure what I should do at all.

:)

leeunwin1, Dec 27, 2021
  2. JohnC Win User

UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

I would go with what is showing in the Bios. If it says that the secure boot keys are loaded then it is on. I'm running the insider build and under System info it says secure boot is unsupported, but it is on and the keys are loaded in my UEFI BIOS. I think this is what the OP is saying. The only other thing that came to mind is if bitlocker was confused with secure boot, they are totally different. To check system info WIN + R type msinfo32 , hit OK.

This is a partial listing.

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise [​IMG]

JohnC, Dec 27, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    enable secure boot

Hi ShowMeGirl1

To enable Secure Boot, your PC must have UEFI BIOS and you need to boot your PC into BIOS

Start your PC, on the manufacturers logo screen, there is generally an indication of how to boot your PC into Setup - usually it is F2, or F12 . .

On the Manufacturers Screen, repeatedly press that appropriate key, so your system boots into BIOS

If you do have UEFI, you will see the Secure Boot and legacy Boot options, turn off Legacy Boot (if applicable) and turn on Secure Boot

Also Please Note: to enable Secure Boot, your hard drive must be GPT, not MBR!

DaveM121, Dec 27, 2021
  4. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

PC Health Check app buggy?

I already have both the secure boot and the TPM.
    Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise [​IMG]

I now went through the list of supported processors and my i7-6650U is not on the list. The computer is 5 years old Microsoft Surface Pro. Bummer!

JerryDuncan, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

1. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise - Similar Threads - Secure Boot enabled

2. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise: Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced start-up and going into UEFI Settings but my Bios is set to the hybric of legacy and uefi and i'm not sure if its safe to switch...
  3. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise: Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced start-up and going into UEFI Settings but my Bios is set to the hybric of legacy and uefi and i'm not sure if its safe to switch...
  4. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check: In my PC BIOS secure boot is enabled along with TPM 2.0. PC health check will not detect that secure boot is enabled.I will not upgrade to Windows 11, for a couple of reasons. 1. You are limiting hardware and obsoleting systems unnecessarily. 2. You are limiting use of the...
  5. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check: In my PC BIOS secure boot is enabled along with TPM 2.0. PC health check will not detect that secure boot is enabled.I will not upgrade to Windows 11, for a couple of reasons. 1. You are limiting hardware and obsoleting systems unnecessarily. 2. You are limiting use of the...
  6. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

7. "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled

"Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled: I am running Windows 10 v. 21H1 on ASRock X370 Extreme 4 motherboard with IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz processor. I have enabled "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 and wish to install Windows 11. PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled and Windows Update says...
  8. "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled

"Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled: I am running Windows 10 v. 21H1 on ASRock X370 Extreme 4 motherboard with IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz processor. I have enabled "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 and wish to install Windows 11. PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled and Windows Update says...
  9. "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise: Hello, I have secure boot enabled in the bios ( mobo asus z97-p ) , but in Windows 10, when i check in system information, it says it is disabled, can someone help?...